Excavations of Herculaneum
This itinerary will take us to discover the ancient Herculanum, a wonderful town overlooking the sea. Ercolano was in fact the ancient holiday resort of the nobles of the time, a place of escape and realx buried in a few moments by the violence of Vesuvius in 79 D.C. and covered with a flow of mud and lava that over time created a tuff layer. Unlike Pompeii, which was covered with incandescent pumice and pyroclastic material, the lava flow allowed a different conservation unique in the world.
Our itinerary will begin by crossing the Fornici, which preserve about 148 skeletons, dead in the space of escape from the tragedy. . Along our path we will visit the Roman residences that have preserved intact the colors and the magical atmosphere.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Certified guide
What's excluded :
- entrance tickets
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ercolano, Ercolano, Province of Naples, Campania
Tour to discover the wonderful city of Herculaneum. A guide will lead you to discover the archaeological excavations
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Departure Point :Ercolano Scavi, 80056 Ercolano, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
Departure Time :9:20 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.