Exclusive Baths of Caracalla Private Tour
Explore the ancient ruins of the Baths of Caracalla on a walking tour led by a licensed guide. The Caracalla Baths are a testimony of imperial Rome's grandeur. This 1-hour a half private tour provides a glimpse into life during the Roman Empire. With this tour, you can maximize your time enjoying excellent experience.
This tour is suitable for families with kids, groups of friends, and couples.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Terme di Caracalla
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Viale delle Terme di Caracalla 52, 00153 Rome Italy
Your 1-hour private walking tour of the Baths of Caracalla takes place in a very nice green area near Colosseum. During your very relaxing and charming visit, you will bring you closer to the life of the Roman Empire. The tour will give you the opportunity to witness one of the biggest examples of Romans genius.
The Baths of Caracalla were the second largest Roman public baths. They were built in Rome between AD 212 and 217, during the reigns of Septimius Severus and Caracalla, and capable to host more than 1500 bathers. The baths were more a leisure center than just a series of baths since they comprehend also a library, a gym and, gardens. They were free and open to the public. The baths remained in use until the 6th century when the complex was taken by the Ostrogoths during the Gothic War, that destroyed the hydraulic installations.
Caracalla's are some of the best-preserved baths in Rome and a masterpiece of Roman architecture. See the imposing vaulted rooms, domed octagon, exedrae, porticoes and parts of the baths heating system along with large and remarkable fragments of fine polychrome floor-mosaics. Your private guide will provide you all the stories and peculiarities of this archaeological monument and will be at your disposal for your questions and curiosities.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Viale delle Terme di Caracalla, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Dress code is smart casual, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You will be asked to arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour. We cannot guarantee you will be able to visit all the sites included in the tour if you fail to arrive at the meeting point on time. On these occasions we are not responsible for any claim of refund or even partial refund
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Suitable for the whole family
- No change on a booking can be accepted after 24hrs to the starting time of the tour. In that instance, no refund will be issued.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.