Exclusive Colosseum and Ancient Rome Private Tour with Priority Entrance
Enjoy this special private guided 3-hour Tour of the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and Roman Forum in Rome. Bypass the queue at the Colosseum to avoid long waits. Explore the first and second tiers for great views. Then walk through the ruins of Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum with your guide, an art and archaeology expert. With this tour you can maximise your time enjoying awesome experience.
Tour for family with kids, groups of friends and couples.
per adult from
What's included :
- Skip the Line Access to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Professional art historian guide
- Headsets, when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Exclusive private experience
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Meet your guide and start your journey through the centuries. Enjoy this Private Tour of the Colosseum to explore Ancient Roman history. Walk past the often-long lines with your skip-the-line ticket. Live a special experience inside this majestic monument. In the comfort of a private group (your party size), you will have a pleasant stroll in the history and glory of the Roman Empire. Your informative guide will make your experience funny and full of good memories.
Your personal guide will tell you about the techniques of construction invented by the Romans and the high level of technology achieved by Roman engineers to built the Colosseum.
Inside the Colosseum, you will walk around the first tiers and reach the arena to learn about the trapdoors and all the mechanisms used to animate the games. Your guide will keep you entertained with stories of sea-battles, the cages where lions were kept before the games started, the rooms in which gladiators were waiting before they reached the arena, the executions, and the excitement of the spectators attending the most spectacular, fantastic, and expensive games in human history.
After exploring the first level you will reach the second tiers to enjoy the best inside and outside view of the Colosseum.
During the tour, your tour guide will be at your disposal to answer all of your questions and curiosities.
The tour is suitable for all ages, including children.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
Start your second part of the tour exploring the Palatine Hill residence of the Roman Emperors, overlooking on one side the Circus Maximus and on the other side the valley of the Roman Forum. Visit the Forum after your walk through Palatine Hill.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
The Roman Forum is one of the most important archaeological areas in the world, with some of ancient Rome's most evocative ruins: the Temple of Julius Caesar (built in the same spot where his body was cremated), the Arch of Titus, House of the Vestal Virgins, Senate House, Basilica of Maxentius, and much more.
The tour will lead you up to Capitoline Hill to admire the suggestive ruins of the millenary Latin civilization. Observe the elegant renaissance square designed by Michelangelo and decorated with the statue of Marcus Aurelius. Enjoy then the most beautiful panoramic views of Rome from the top of the Capitoline Hill
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Via delle Terme di Tito, 72, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Roman Forum, Via della Salara Vecchia, 5/6, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- For safety reasons the Colosseum can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray.
- All visitors MUST have a photo ID for the security check.
- Children below 2 years must carry an ID card to avail free entrance, but booking fee must be paid.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.