Exclusive Guided Tour: Vatican City with Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
A perfect blend of all the top attractions in the city of Rome explored in one day. You will be amazed by the two prominent eras of the city's history. Start your tour at the Vatican and explore its enormous Museums, breathtaking Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica with a professional guide. Then after a short break reach the Colosseum and skip the long lines while entering the iconic monument. A guided exploration of Colosseum including Palatine Hill and Roman Forum is perfect for those who want to fully uncover the eternal city's history, background, and culture.
• Skip the long lines to enter all the top attractions of Vatican
• See the gigantic collections of Vatican Museum with Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica
• Save hours of waiting time while entering Colosseum, the most visited attraction in Italy
• Narrations about life in ancient Rome with a guided tour of Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
• Expert English speaking guide for the tales of both ancient and modern-day Rome
per adult from
What's included :
- Skip the line access to Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Skip the line access to St Peter's Basilica
- Skip the line access to Colosseum
- Skip the line access to Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation between the Vatican to Colosseum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
"You will surely get charmed by the enchanting views inside Vatican Museums. These 7.5 kilometres long Museums are the largest collection of artworks in the world. Get fascinated by the masterpieces situated inside and wander around the panoramic galleries including the legendary ""Gallery of Maps"".
See the suites devoted to one of the brilliant minds of the Italian Renaissance, Raphael. With his other masterpieces, see his most famous painting the ""School of Athens"". This painting will catch your attention long before you enter the Vatican. Because it is printed on the entry tickets of Vatican Museums. While seeing the Borgia Apartments, your guide will tell the technique artist Pinturicchio used that gave a three-dimensional effect on the walls. This first part of the tour will get you excited for the attractions to be covered onwards."
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Stepping into the magnificent Sistine Chapel, you'll discover why Michelangelo is one of the most celebrated artists in the world. See his breathtaking frescoes illustrating some famous stories from the Gospel. His "Creation of Adam" and "The Last Judgement" are the most popular ones. It is forbidden to speak or take pictures inside the Chapel. So detailed narrations will be given before entering by the guide about how the tour will be operated. While inside take in the mastery of the greatest masterpieces painted on the ceiling and silently observe the gathering place of cardinals, where new Popes are selected.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
"Skip the line to enter the gigantic St Peter's Basilica with a size as large as two American football fields together. The monument is so extraordinary that it took almost 120 years to be fully constructed. Hear from your guide about the contributions of Renaissance architects Rossellino, Bernini and Bramante in designing this massive structure. See Michelangelo's famous Le Peita, a wonder in terms of both techniques and emotions. Lose yourself in the enormous interiors and historical masterpieces such as the Baldacchino. The first part of your tour ends with the guided expedition of one of the world's most popular and visited churches, St Peter's Basilica.
N.B:The second part of the tour starts as soon as you meet your next guide at the meeting point given for the Colosseum and Ancient Rome tour.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Rome, Rome, Lazio
Break : Vatican to Colosseum Office : With Metro or Taxi .
Duration: 30 Minutes.
Admission not included
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Start exploring Ancient Rome with a guided tour of the city's most iconic monument, the Colosseum. Enter the largest amphitheatre ever built while skipping long entry lines and saving hours of waiting time. You will be amazed by the designing techniques used by Romans around 2000 years ago. Hear the stories about terrible and aggressive fights that took place inside. Narrations about how around 50000 people gathered inside to cheer for their favorite gladiators will surely get you amazed.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
You will be then headed towards the area that was once the political, cultural and religious hub of the great Roman empire. See the ruins of some historical monuments like House of Vestal Virgins, Senate House, Temple of Julius Caesar, Arch of Titus and many more. Your guide will get you amazed by sharing facts and stories about some larger-than-life characters and why Rome was called "Caput Mundi (Capital of the World)".
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
Follow your guide to the most historical site of Rome. It is widely believed that Palatine Hill is where Rome was founded by Romulus nearly 3000 years ago. Full of ruins of the palaces of several emperors, this place is illustrating the wealthy and luxurious lifestyle of elite classes in ancient Rome. Listen to your guide telling stories about the treasured palaces with all kinds of facilities, such as the Palace of Domitian, which had a stadium as well. See remaining parts of an ancient aqueduct built millenniums ago before ending your day-long exploration of the eternal city.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :1: Via Vespasiano, 26, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
2: Via del Colosseo, 31, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :1: Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
2: Palatine Hill, 00186 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Both men and women must cover their knees and shoulders to enter the religious venues
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Carrying a big bag/luggage is not allowed during the tour
- The sites are not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers requested to arrive at the meeting point 20 minutes before the tour starting time. Tours are time-sensitive and late arrivals cannot be accommodated
- Wearing comfortable walking shoes during the tour is recommended
- All tourists are required to show a valid photo ID for entering the attractions (Student ID, Driver's License, Passport or State ID)
- All guests must need to pass through a security check before entering the Colosseum.
- Parts of Vatican Museums and St Peter's Basilica may remain closed without prior announcements for religious ceremonies. These are fully the decisions of Vatican authorities, and the tour operator will not agree on any refunds.
- Most travelers can participate
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- If you book any tour and for any reason, if you don’t have the mask or gloves, we’ll provide that. But, we highly recommend keeping COVID-19 safety equipment with you. You are suggested to follow all safety guidelines.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.