Exclusive Maremma: The Secret Wines of Suvereto
Are you ready to eat and drink your way through the Tuscan countryside? On this private tour you will escape the ordinary and explore a wine region known for distinguished winemaking.
You will discover its secrets by visiting two top quality wineries, that employ a unique blend of the old and the new. What strikes you first is the modern architecture combined with traditional, organic practices. The tastings will be accompanied by a consistent lunch prepared with km 0 products.
From riding a one-horse carriage between the vines to walking the ancient streets of Suvereto, the tour is the perfect depiction of a travel back in time.
This trip combines refinement with simplicity and aims to offer you a memorable experience in the secret land of Suvereto wine area.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Appetizers and traditional lunch
- Wine tastings
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Free time in Suvereto
- Certified sommelier/guide with you the entire day
- 100% Private Tour
- Entry/Admission - Cantina Tenuta Casadei
- Entry/Admission - Società Agricola Petra
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Florence, Florence, Tuscany
Check-in and departure.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Cantina Tenuta Casadei, LOC. San Rocco, 57028 Suvereto Italy
Our first stop is at a winery which implies a new concept of ethical agriculture that produces biological wine (biointegral ethical concept). At this select winery you will enjoy a unique ride around the property and through the vines in an electric carriage pulled by a horse. Afterwards you will have a tour of the wine cellars and vinification rooms, where the entire wine-making process will be explained. The winery is a perfect blend between the old and the new. You will taste the most emblematic wines of the estate, accompanied by appetizers and a consistent traditional lunch.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Suvereto, Suvereto, Province of Livorno, Tuscany
This tour is about wine, as it is about sightseeing. After the first winery, you will visit one of most picturesque medieval villages in Italy, that used to be inhabited by the Etruscans, the ancient population of the country. The village is situated between the hills and the sea, on the Etruscan coast. Its name comes from Latin and it means cork oak, which is the primary source of cork for wine bottles. Here you will roam the streets and enjoy some free time. Walking its cobble-stoned streets will feel like travelling back in time.
Stop At: Società Agricola Petra, S. Lorenzo alto, 131, 57028 Suvereto LI, Italy
The second winery is located just a few minutes away from Suvereto. The winery boasts a perpetual feminine touch, as it has been directed by women for over 200 years. Elisa Bonaparte, Napoleon's sister, chose this place to establish the first seed of an agricultural and vinicultural project. The medium-sized winery makes use of cutting-edge technologies that together with the local traditions allow for maximum control and good workmanship from harvest to bottling. After a proper tour of the estate, transitioning from the vine to the cellars, your taste buds will enjoy the second tasting. The practices employed are organic and the environmental impact reduced to a minimum.
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Stop At: Florence, Florence, Tuscany
Drop-off. The tour will generally end where it started.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Borgo Ognissanti, 70, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is included and can be requested during booking or communicated before the day of the tour.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you have any special dietary requirements, please inform us in advance
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We have ensured all the necessary precautions, as we highly value our travellers' safety. The experience is entirely private. We operate in accordance with governmental regulations. Safety distance will be enforced at all times. As an environmental measure, open and ventilated spaces are preferred.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.