Exclusive Private tour of the Taino Route
Journey into the past on this full-day tour of Puerto Rico's human history. Your small group (no larger than 6 people) will be guided by an archaeologist through the 5000 year human history of the island, where you will learn firsthand about the culture and mythology of Puerto Rico's indigenous past. You will visit two emblematic caves, Cueva del Indio and Cueva Ventana (both located in the town of Arecibo) where you will see petroglyphs and evidence of early human history. You'll also be able to visit the most important archaeological park in the Caribbean, Caguana Indigenous Ceremonial Park in Utuado. Hotel pickup and drop off in included in this tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Driver/Professional art historian guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Parque Ceremonial Indigena de Caguana
- Entry/Admission - Cueva del Indio
- Entry/Admission - Aventura Cueva Ventana
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Ceremonial Indigena de Caguana, Rte. 111, Km 12.3, 00641 Puerto Rico
The Caguana Indigenous Ceremonial Park is the most important archaeological site of the Taíno culture in all of the Caribbean.
Located in the central mountain town of Utuado, where we will immerse ourselves in the culture of the Taínos. We spend about an hour and a half touring the sacred ceremonial ball courts where our ancestors played the game called Batey.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cueva del Indio, Arecibo 00612 Puerto Rico
The enigmatic Cueva del Indio located on the coast of Arecibo is one of the most interesting archaeological sites on the island. With the largest concentration of petroglyphs in one area of the island, Cueva del Indio is one of the most important historical sites of the Caribbean. Your professional archaeologist guide will reveal the secrets behind the enigmatic petroglyphs that are all over the cave.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Aventura Cueva Ventana, Road PR10, KM 75 Beside Puma gas station, Arecibo 00612 Puerto Rico
The famous Window Cave is an Instagram sensation. Experience an exclusive Private Tour of Cueva Ventana with an Archaeologist as your guide. Usually, when you visit Cueva Ventana, you have to join a group that can be up to 30 people on the tour. In this special offer, you will have an exclusive private tour of the caves with an Archaeologist as your guide.
Duration: 1 minute
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at any location in the Metro area.Airports
- Luis Munoz Marin Intl Airport, Carolina 979 Puerto Rico
- san juan cruise port
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.