Exclusive Private Tour: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica
Private entry at the Vatican is always a special experience. Even our seasoned guides who have seen it countless times appreciate the opportunity to admire art in this setting. You may be surprised to learn that the Vatican oversees over 6 million visitors each year, so entering alone can soon prove to be an overwhelming and painful ordeal.
We recommend reserving this private tour with us to customize your experience for you and you family. We promise that this family/child-friendly setting will satisfy ever member of your group (our guides are known to keep the little ones intrigued!) Should we also mention Michelangelo’s frescoed ceilings of the Sistine Chapel?? This beautiful masterpiece needs no introduction.
No line = no stress! (not to mention that you get to steer clear of the sun and unbearable heat during the summer months!)
We offer two time slots for this private tour experience (morning or afternoon). Have your pick!
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- A tour guide highly reviewed on Trip Advisor, JUST FOR YOU!
- Guaranteed SKIP-THE-LINE access to the Vatican Museum & St. Peter’s Basilica
- Admission to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Stanze di Raffaello
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Square
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Borgo, Via dei Corridori, Rome Italy
You will meet your tour guide at our office, which is located in the oldest neighbourhoods of the Vatican, Borgo Pio. It is an area filled with charming local shops and vendors. Your guide will begin by sharing some background on the Sistine Chapel while you enjoy a complementary breakfast or prosecco, depending on the time slot you selected.
-MORNING option: start time 8AM. This tour comes with a typical Italian breakfast. Enjoy a cup of cappuccino and fresh croissants on the house. A great way to kick-start your art-filled day!
-AFTERNOON option: start time 3.15 PM. It will be complete with a glass of prosecco and light snacks at a local bar, in honour of the country’s forever-young spirit of apertivo!
Please be sure to select your preferred option/time when booking your tour, and show up at the office accordingly.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After meeting your guide, you will head directly to the Vatican Museum through a special group entrance route and bypassing the enormous lines that are guaranteed to be present all year round.
This is a 2.5 to 3 hour journey through one of the most amazing museums of the world. Learn about Greek and Roman sculptures, tapestries, and interesting anecdotes about the artists and their times.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Stanze di Raffaello, Viale Vaticano, Vatican City Italy
This part of the museum, containing four stanze (Italian for rooms) features frescos by the Italian Renaissance artist Raphael. The famous “School of Athens” is displayed here. Portraits of history’s greatest thinkers, such as Aristotle, Plato, and Raphael himself, can also be gleamed.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Enter in the beautiful Sistine Chapel, where you will witness the work of the the celebrated artist, Michaelangelo. Prepared to be dazzled as you look up to admire the frescoed ceilings that have stood the test of time, like the Last Judgement.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Upon completion of the museum areas, you will discover how the smallest state in the world functions in its own right.
Finally, a special door connecting the museums to the Basilica will bring you inside the church of S.Peters! Unlike other tourists who line up for normal entrance, you will be able to get access without the fuss of passing through security once again.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Goodbye! Got any questions about Rome or the Vatican? Raise your questions here. Your guide provide tips of your stay in the eternal city as the tour concludes.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Via Plauto, 17, 00193 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- THIS IS THE ONLY 2021 PRIVATE TOUR THAT INCLUDES ST.PETER'S BASILICA. Visitors are in for a treat since the Vatican Museums,Sistine Chapel (both also included) and St.Peter's Basilica have never been and probably will never be this EMPTY again! Your patience will be rewarded with a unique experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.