Exclusive Rome Trajan Markets,Imperial Forums Museum Private Tour - VIP Entrance
A special private tour that includes an archaeological complex with absolutely unique characteristics in Rome. With this tour, you can maximize your time enjoying an awesome experience across the most important commercial and administrative centre of ancient times. Visitors can walk along the main shopping street, or through one of the complex's corridors, along with the rooms that once housed the "tabernae". During the guided tour, visitors can have access to the high terraces of the complex where they can admire the underlying area of Imperial forums, one of the most extraordinary views of the eternal city. The guide will also explain the whole forum area from this peculiar perspective.
Tour for families with kids, groups of friends and couples.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- private guide service
- headphones to hear the guide explanation comfortably for groups of more than 10 people
- All Fees and Taxes
- Pick-up service only at city centered hotel (only if option chosen)
- Entry/Admission - Mercati di Traiano - Museo dei Fori Imperiali
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, other than the "value added offers" specified in your guidebook
- Hotel pickup (if you chose the tour only option)
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Via dei Fori Imperiali, 00186 Rome Italy
Start your experience through the Ancient Rome with an enjoyable walking across Imperial Fora. It is a series of monumental fora (public squares), constructed in Rome over about one and half centuries, which were the heart of the late Roman Republic and the Roman Empire. Discover with this external visit the main ruins of the greatness of Rome from the early disruption of the Republic till the Imperial Age.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mercati di Traiano - Museo dei Fori Imperiali, Via IV Novembre 94, 00187 Rome Italy
Continue then with a special guided tour of the “Trajan’s Market in Rome is one of the most interesting archaeological sites in Italy: Trajan’s Market in Rome. Excavated between 1924 and 1936, its restoration is one of the special achievements of Italy’s historic preservation. Built by the ambitious and successful general Marcus Ulpius Traianus (53-117 AD) they became the stone testament of a great Roman ruler. A fascinating guided tour of the most important commercial and administrative centre of the ancient times, almost intact, the Trajan’s Markets.
The Trajan’s Markets are located along Via dei Fori Imperiali and it represent a unique case among the remains of the ancient world, as it was a huge commercial centre developing on six floors.
The Markets of Trajan are an archaeological complex with absolutely unique characteristics in Rome. The monument has lived the evolution of the city from the Imperial Age to the present day: strategic administrative center of the Imperial Forum, aristocratic residence, military fortress, prestigious convent and barracks.
The complex, made of red brick and concrete, had six levels in which there was once up to 150 different shops and apartments, now the Trajan's Market hosts the Museum of the Imperial Forums referred the Markets of Trajan were an integral part.
The extensive complex of Roman buildings in brick, known as Trajan's Market, is miraculously come down to us from the heart of the ancient city, in close connection with the large squares of the Imperial Forums, and still is in the center of the modern city.
Today visitors can walk along the main shopping street, the Via Biberatica, or through one of the complex's corridors, along the rooms that once housed the tabernae. During the guided tour, visitors can have access to the high terraces of the complex where they can admire the underlying area of fori imperiali, one of the most extraordinary view of the eternal city. the guide will also explain the whole fori area from this peculiar perspective
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Departure Point :Via della Polveriera, 11, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Trajan's Market, Via Quattro Novembre, 94, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We kindly inform you that any kind of disability (mobility issues, wheelchair, visual impairment, hearing impairment, etc. ) or anything that might prevent you to join the tour regularly MUST BE communicate in advance to our staff. For people with disabilities, the tour route may be different from the one presented.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.