Exclusive SKiP-THE-CROWDS Neuschwanstein &Hohenschwangau Castle Tour from Munich
COVID-19 BREAKING NEWS: SEE "ADDIT. INFO"!
The famous Fairytale Castle NEUSCHWANSTEIN is the 2nd most visited attraction in Germany. It captivates 1.5M visitors with its dreamy beauty, inspired by characters from Wagner's epic operas. Unfortunately this means that up to 8,000 visitors/day crowd the place all year long.
This tour gives you the unique opportunity to avoid these crowds and enjoy the calm of the early mornings also at HOHENSCHWANGAU in peace. Immerse yourself in the magnificence of the castles and grounds. As the day awakens, the fairy tale comes to life around you.
Our expert guide will give you space to enjoy the calm magic while being at your disposal and alert to your needs&questions at all times
Why travel with us
• Get GUARANTEED SKIP-THE-LINE TICKETS even at short notice
• Know that your day is planned and conducted by a friendly&professional tour guide
• Enjoy the perfect symbiosis of traveling in relaxed comfort and fully leveraging your precious vacation time
per adult from
9 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- > Entrance fee for NEUSCHWANSTEIN castle INCLUDING Skip-the-line-Surcharge - even at short notice!
- > Drive in comfortable new Volkswagen Minivan (a/c) WiFi on board - Only your group is participating
- > Licensed, friendly and passionate Guide with more than 20 years of professionel experience
- > Stops (and guided tours) at all mentioned places / Selected scenic routes
- > Duration: 9 hrs or 11 hrs
- > Bottled mineral water
- > No hidden costs!
- COVID-19 SAFE
- Entry/Admission - Schloss Neuschwanstein
What's excluded :
- < HOHENSCHWANGAU Castle Special Tour, per person : € 18.00 / Children under 7 years free of charge
- < Skip-the-line-surcharge for Hohenschwangau castle: € 2.50 per pers.
- Only if you can not walk the whole route from car park to Neuschwanstein castle, you might need:
- < Shuttle bus (to Marie's bridge/not operating during snow and ice) (€ 3.00) and/or:
- < Horse-drawn carriage (€ 7.00 up/€ 3.50 down)
- (For the shuttle bus and the horse-driven carriage no reservation possible; waiting times possible!)
- < Food
- < Gratuities
- Entry/Admission - Schloss Hohenschwangau
- Entry/Admission - Schloss Linderhof
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Theresienwiese, Munich, Bavaria Germany
According to your wishes we will pick you up at your hotel/address in Munich between 6:00 AM and 11 AM.
Between 6:00 AM and 6:30 AM you SKIP-THE-CROWDS!
[In Winter (16. October until March) between 7:00 AM and 7:30 AM].
***** If you don't mind the crowds, but want to sleep longer, choose any departure time until 11:00 AM.*****
From now on it means for you:
• Look forward to a journey exclusively for your group in our comfortable new Volkswagen Minivan.
• But above all, look forward to your well trained guide Stefan with more than 20 years of professional experience. He will provide everything worth knowing information about all the sights, the country and especially about King Ludwig II., the builder of Neuschwanstein.
• Have all organizational work done, for example the booking of the tickets, furthermore the selection of varied (and jam proofed) routes, (Foto)stops at historic and scenic highlights (and toilets)
and obtain valuable insider tips how to make the most of your time at the castles visits.
• Besides the Kings castles get to know also Lake Starnberg, where Ludwig found his tragic ending 130 years ago. Furthermore, you will be overwhelmed by visiting one of the world-renowned rococo churches.
• Prolong this trip for 2 more hours: Time enough to enjoy some sights longer or to see something new, for example Linderhof Palace or take a custom-made bicycle trip.
Stop At: Oktoberfest, Theresienwiese 7, 80336 Munich, Bavaria Germany
Before we enter the Autobahn (highway), we pass the place, where King Ludwig II.'s Grandfather, the later King Ludwig I., celebrated his wedding more than 200 years ago, which we know today as the Octoberfest!
Little later we pass the castle where Ludwig II's younger brother Otto spent the last years of his life - as the real "mad king".
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Starnberger See, Possenhofener Str. 5, 82319, Starnberg, Bavaria Germany
20 min later we reach the impressive Lake Starnberg, also known as the “Dukes lake”. You are taken to the summer residences of Sissi, the pretty but unfortunate Empress of Austria. We will tell you about the strange relationship between her and Ludwig II., and why he didn't want to marry Sissis younger sister...
After a short stroll to the beach we can see the only island of the lake (which was in royal possession, too) and the place where he died under mysterious circumstances.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Schloss Neuschwanstein, Neuschwansteinstrasse 20, 87645 Schwangau, Bavaria Germany
After one more hour journey through the rural Bavarian countryside we approach the range of the Alps and can see the towers of Neuschwanstein at an altitude of about 1000m/3000ft.
Soon we will reach the little village of Hohenschwangau which is the starting point for both castles Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau. It should take only some minutes, until Stefan gets the tickets (Skip-the-Line tickets for Neuschwanstein castle are included in the tour price) and a very detailed map for you.
Whether you want to walk up to the castles, take the shuttle-bus or the horse-drawn carriage you can be accompanied by your guide. We are also happy to guide you through the spectacular Poellat gorge as well as to the magnificent viewpoint Marie's bridge.
The guided tours in each castle take approx. 35 minutes, in case of Neuschwanstein you'll walk for another 15 minutes through many more rooms by yourself. About the particularities of these rooms you will be well informed by Stefan, as well as of possibilities for lunch.
Please note: During snow and ice the bridge and/or the gorge will be closed for safety reasons, also the shuttle bus will not operate then - Neuschwanstein castle can be reached by walking or by the horse-driven carriage.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Schloss Hohenschwangau, Schwangau -Ortsteil Hohenschwangau, 87645 Hohenschwangau, Bavaria Germany
Just as worth seeing is Hohenschwangau castle, the neo-gothic summer residence of Ludwig II's father, King Maximilian II. with Ludwig's spectacular children's room.
For the 35 min guided tour we can book a Skip-the-line-ticket, too. (Entrance fee 13.00 € per adult, plus 2.50 € per person Skip-the-line surcharge).
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Mount Tegelberg, Schwangau, Bavaria Germany
Keen of further activities? (optional):
On request you can take a private bike ride through the picturesque Bavarian countryside. During an approx. one-hour roundtrip, Stefan can show you not less than 3 lakes (perhaps bring your swimsuites). Rental bikes from 14.00 €
Or enjoy some rides on a summer toboggan run (4.50 € per ride) or take a cable car/chair lift on one of the Alpine peaks (from 15.00 € up and down).
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Schloss Linderhof, Linderhof 12, 82488 Ettal, Bavaria Germany
If you have booked the 11 hrs tour we would recommend the visit of Linderhof Palace, King Ludwig's smallest but most intimate castle located in a lonely Alpine valley with breathtaking french baroque design and famous Bavarian trick paintings. (Entrance fee 8.50 € per adult)
For a while we pass Austrian territory on our approx. 50 minutes way to Linderhof on a breathtaking drive along the mountain lake Plansee.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE VENUS GROTTO, located in the gardens of Linderhof, IS COMPLETELY CLOSED for restoration works until 2024.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Ettal Abbey, Kaiser-Ludwig-Platz 1, 82488 Ettal, Bavaria Germany
If you want to see (and understand) another baroque masterpiece concerning church decorations, inserted in a 12-page domed room from the 14th century, you should follow your guide in the Ettal Benedictine monastery near a little passo, just 5 minutes’ drive away from Oberammergau.
From there it will take another hour back to Munich.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Oberammergau, Oberammergau, Upper Bavaria, Bavaria
Shortly after visiting Linderhof we reach Oberammergau, where your guide can give you a 15 min. tour, especially for explaining the famous wallpaintings and the Passion play theatre. Little shops offer local souvenirs. The regional speciality are wood carvings.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Pilgrimage Church of Wies, Wies 12, 86989 Steingaden, Bavaria Germany
If you have booked the 9 hrs tour on the (different) way back we make a stop at one of the overwhelming baroque churches. Stefan will provide you with all the worth knowing information, for example about the very popular Wies-Church, or – what we not recommend less – one of the other churches on the way, which are still "secret tips", quiet and peaceful far away from the tourist masses.
After approx. 1 more hour we reach the outskirts of Munich and your guide brings you safe through the rushhour back to your hotel or any other address in Munich.
Duration: 25 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departures in Summer season (April - 15. October):• SKiP-THE-CROWDS at 6:00 AM or 6:30 AM• OR according customer request between 7:00 AM - 11:00 AMDepartures in Winter season (16. October - March):• SKiP-THE-CROWDS at 7:00 AM• OR according customer request between 7:30 AM - 11:00 AM• Pick up/drop-off at any hotel/address in Munich• Pick-up (and/or return) is also possible outside Munich (e.g. MUC airport) on customer request - please ask us for any additional costs!
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- COVID-19 BREAKING NEWS: DUE TO COVID-19, GUIDED TOURS OF THE INTERIORS ARE NOT POSSIBLE IN ANY CASTLE UNTIL AT LEAST 10 JANUARY 2021: WE RECOMMEND OUR "LOCKDOWN"-TOUR 173111P22
- Are you able to walk slightly uphill from the car park to Neuschwanstein castle - approx. 1,5 km/1mile in an hour's time? If not, we have to calculate additional (waiting-) time for the horse-hybrid carriage or the Shuttle bus (not operating during snow and ice) – Anyway, an approx. 450 meters/0.28 miles uphill walk (up to 15 % slope) or an approx. 500 meters/0.3 miles downhill walk (up to 19 % gradient) from the respective terminal to the entrance of the castle have to be managed in any case! We can accompany you so that you can reach your castle tour in time.
- In Neuschwanstein castle there are 346 stairs alltogether (up and down) to be managed. If this is too much for you, and if you have an appropriate medical certificate of disability or restriction of mobility or similar (must be scanned and posted to us in advance), we can book an exclusive lift service only for you with a maximum of one companion, accompanied by a castle-staff. The elevator service is without additional costs, but (because of fire regulations) the number of tours with that service is very limited and must be reconfirmed by the castle authorities. PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19 THE ELEVATOR IS NOT OPERATING!!!
- To Hohenschwangau castle there is a carriage service (not in winter season) almost from door-to-door. You have to climb stairs up to the 3rd floor and back (no elevator).
- In Linderhof castle you have to walk only approx. two times 10 minutes (relatively flat) and in the 30 minutes tour of the castle you have to climb stairs to the first floor.
- Each castle can be reached also with strollers, but they are not allowed during the tour of the interiors.
- If you want to reach Neuschwanstein castle by the "breathtaking" hike through the spectacular Gorge (approx. 45 to 60 minutes) on a well-developed path (not suitable for strollers, 1/4 of the distance are stairs), suitable footwear is required (for example hiking boots). In case of bad weather or maintenance works the gorge can be closed.
- Image credit #3 (Neuschwanstein castle) © Bayerische Schlösserverwaltung (neuschwanstein(dot)de), Photographer: Anton Brandl), #4 (Neuschwanstein throne room) © Bayerische Schlösserverwaltung (neuschwanstein(dot)de), #5 (Neuschwanstein bed room) © Bayerische Schlösserverwaltung (neuschwanstein(dot)de)
- TRAVEL*SAFE & WITH CONFIDENCE ...and the certainty that with ALL our tours you & your Loved ones are safe and protected - Since our vehicle is equipped with the protective partition screens (removable), we now even exceed all COVID-19 requirements: 1) Only your group travels in our Minivan, which is cleaned and disinfected after each use. Hand Sanitizer is on board. 2) As your (Driver-) Guide I can provide an up-to-date health-certificate. 3) The Minivan is driven EXCLUSIVELY by me (owner of SiGHTSEEiNG BAVARiA EXCLUSiVE) - so there is 100% transparency and maximum security guaranteed. 4) When we leave the minivan for sightseeing, we STRICTLY AVOID ALL CROWDS AND GATHERINGS. The top priority is to keep a safe distance! If you have any doubts about visiting a particular attraction, we will always be able to offer alternative destinations. 5) We keep ourselves up-to-date on the latest recommendations and directives of the WHO and the German government. 6) If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us anytime. // WHENEVER YOU ARE READY FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP: Trust in SiGHTSEEiNG BAVARiA EXCLUSiVE Tours - even in turbulent times - we take the situation seriously and take prudent measures to keep you safe! Stay healthy & well, with warm regards, Stefan [SiGHTSEEiNG BAVARiA EXCLUSiVE]
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We wish our valued customers MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY & HEALTHY New Year 2021! ...WHENEVER YOU ARE READY FOR YOUR NEXT TOUR: Trust our comprehensive COVID-19 safety measures on this and our 30 other EXCLUSiVE tours, and travel SAFELY & COMFORTABLY! (...more about COVID-19 under "Additional Info")
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.