Excursion and Experiential Day (Bread Day)
08.30 am: Arrival in Zungri, at Località Raìsina. 08.45 am: You are attending the Bread Dough. 9.30 am: Excursion to the Caves, Museum of Rural Life, Historic Center and Grotto of the Madonna of Lourdes, Sanctuary of the Madonna della Neve begins. 11.45: Return to Raìsina to watch the batch of bread. Hospitality and hospitality: "In Massara and u Massaru" who will brighten the day with songs and "cunti" will be happy to offer their typical products with a rich offer to the farmer. 15.30: Return.
Booking € 3.00 and balance in attendance (INFO +393293863089). Program valid from March 15 to October 25 and for one day a week (Sunday), barring adverse weather conditions.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Proposal of seasonal products of the peasant culture
- Training demonstration, with participation of visitors in the various stages of processing
- Ticket to the Museum of Rural Life
- Historic Center of Zungri and Grotta della Madonna di Lourdes
- Visit and tour at the caves of the Rungestre di Zungri settlement
- Sanctuary of the Madonna della Neve
What's excluded :
- Suitable clothing for countryside and excursions
- Accident insurance
It is a passionate and amusing interpretation of the typical peasant day dedicated to the "rural cult" of homemade bread. From the methodical preparation of the dough, to the instant in which water, flour and yeast - prepared with skill - will become the long-awaited and fragrant, "baked" forms, to be kept "’ nta madhja ". All the intermediate phases will be represented and the people who have joined and wish to participate will be entertained and involved in the whole program, which has the purpose of pleasant reconstruction and useful training, as well as education for natural life; The day culminates with the final tasting: a peasant lunch, a typical and shared participation of delicious native dishes, set up in an original location, "Raìsina". To the protagonists of this cheerful extended family (Sandrina: "a niputi", "i cummari" and "Francisca: jimà"). For those who wish, an excursion to the ancient Zungri Caves will be organized with a visit to the Museum of Rural and Rural Civilization through the impervious paths of the Malòpera valley, the historic center of Zungri and the Grotta della Madonna di Lourdes, Sanctuary of the Madonna della Neve .
• Insediamento Rupestre e Museo della Civilta Rupestre e Contadina di Zungri, Via Indipendenza, 89867 Zungri Italy
• Santuario della Madonna della Neve, Vico III Indipendenza 84, 89867 Zungri Italy
Departure Point :SP85, 89867 Zungri VV, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Pizzo Calabro, Briatico, Zambrone, Tropea, Capo Vaticano, Nicotera. Agree on the exact point by phone.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/15/2020 - 10/25/2020
3/15/2021 - 10/25/2021
Sunday: 08:30 AM - 03:30 PM Sunday: 08:30 AM - 03:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.