Excursion to Las Torcas de Palancares and Lagoons of Cañada del Hoyo from Cuenca
Our excursion starts at around 9:30 am with the pick up at your hotel.
We move in our vehicle to make a
comfortable and pleasant excursion, to a little crowded place, that will transfer you to other times. The silence will accompany the sensation of vertigo and emptiness that produces peeking at these curious formations that were once the habitat of our most famous dinosaur, the Concavenator Corcovatus.
The Torcas are circular depressions caused by the sinking of the Cretaceous soil on caves of the Jurassic period. When these depressions cross the water table they give rise to small lagoons that hide microhabitats where some protected species reside and breed. The place hides curious legends that
Our guides will discover you, and we will know the reason for the striking change of color that occurs in its waters with the change of the seasons.
On the way from Las Torcas to Las Lagunas, we will stop at
contemplate two of the oldest trees of the Serranía Conquense, Pino Abuelo and Pino Candelabro, two individuals of Pino Negral.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Specialized nature guide
- Round trip transportation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Torcas Palancares, 16193 Cuenca, Spain
We will walk alongside these enormous circular depressions caused by the sinking of the Cretaceous soil over caves of the Jurassic period
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Las Lagunas De Canada Del Hoyo, Cuv-9142, 16340 Canada del Hoyo Spain
When these depressions cross the water table they give rise to small lagoons that hide microhabitats where some protected species reside and breed. The place hides curious legends that our guides will discover, and we will know why the striking change of color that occurs in its waters with the change of the seasons
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pino Abuelo, Unnamed Road, 16193, 16193, Cuenca, Spain
On the way from Las Torcas to Las Lagunas we will stop to visit 2 of the oldest trees in the Serranía, El Pino Abuelo and Pino Candelabro
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Av. San Ignacio de Loyola, 23, 16002 Cuenca, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
AVE stationUnnamed Road 16003, 16003, Cuenca, Spain.Cuenca Bus StationCalle Fermín Caballero, 20, 16004 Cuenca, Spain.Green River HostelAv. Virgen de la Luz, 15, 16002 Cuenca, Spain.Hostal CalderónAv. Virgen de la Luz, 3, 16002 Cuenca, Spain.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.