Excursion to Nora
Excursion to Ruins of Nora with transfer from/to Cagliari. Visit one of the most important historical monuments of South Sardinia.
per adult from
What's included :
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Advance Booking
- Entrance ticket
- Entry/Admission - Area Archeologica di Nora
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Area Archeologica di Nora, 09010, Pula, Sardinia Italy
"After Aristaeus, the Iberians crossed to Sardinia, under Norax as leader of the expedition, and they founded the city of Nora. The tradition is that this was the first city in the island, and they say that Norax was a son of Erytheia, the daughter of Geryon, with Hermes for his father."
(Pausania, Periegesi della Grecia, X, 17,5)
Nora (Nuras in the mediaeval Sardinian language) is an ancient Roman and pre-Roman town on a peninsula near Pula, near to Cagliari: most ancient ruins, from a necropolis, are some graves datable about 7th and 6th century BCE bust most precious remain is the Nora Stone, a Phoenician inscription found in Nora, it has been dated by paleographic methods ti between the late 9th century and the 8th century BCE and it quote the most ancient definition of the word "Sardinia", in a phoenix like alphabet.
Highlights are the Eshmun-Esculapian temple with some marvelous mosaic, the tophet, an ancient phoenix-punic sanctuary under the sky, the roman ruins and the saint Efisio church.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :1: Piazza Yenne, 09124 Cagliari CA, Italy
2: Welcome to Sardinia, Via Roma, 93, 09124 Cagliari CA, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply-2 persons. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.