Excursion to Perito Moreno Glacier from El Calafate
Enjoy a full day tour to one of the most incredible highlights in Patagonia and South America, the Perito Moreno Glacier, with enormous blocks of ice falling into the lake with a thonderous crash!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to National Parks (at most $30)
- El Calafate is 80 km from Perito Moreno Glacier along a paved road (50 km.). The last 30 are within Los Glaciares National Park.
From de very beginning, the trip brings you many pleasant surprises. Upon leaving El Calafate, to your right, you encounter Redonda Bay, in Argentino Lake teeming with a great variety of fowls: black neck swans, flamingos, flying steamer ducks, Southamerican coots and upland geese. The distinctive yellow hue of the country side is due to a course grass that grows in this area called the broom sedge.
During the first 40 km you travel through the Patagonian steppe. Then, once you enter the National Park there is a noticeable change in the vegetation, now basically formed by nires (nothofagus antartica), guindos (nothofagus betuloides) and lengas (nothofagus pumilio); some isolated canelos (drimys winteri) and many colored flowers, among them the intense red colored notro (embothrium coccineum), the typical flower of the Andean Patagonian Forest.
Once at the Glacier, the visitor is overwhelmed by the impressive spectacle and can appreciate the many unforgettable vistas of the glacier from the walkpaths.
There is a restaurant, a snack bar, restrooms and a pay campsite within the Moreno Glacier area. This is a full day excursion.
• Full Day Trip (8 hours aprox)
• English Speaking Guide
• Available all the year
Departure Point :Pickup from the city centre hotels
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.