Excursion to the Fayoum oasis
The oasis comprises a vast expanse of land irrigated by the channels of the Nile. In Ancient Egypt they already warned about the importance of this place. We will verify this by visiting the Meidum pyramid, one of the oldest from the Pharaonic period.
Afterwards we will cross the city of Fayoum to then reach Lake Qarun, one of the most important areas of the oasis. Its saline waters are located below sea level, on a huge area of several hundred square kilometers. On its banks we will visit the archaeological site of Kas Qarun. Temples and fortresses from different historical periods are still preserved in this ancient population.
After the visit to the enclave we will regain strength with a lunch on the shores of Lake Qarun. In this place we can appreciate the rich local fauna, especially characterized by a great diversity of birds. In the afternoon, we will return to the hotels in Cairo.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up and transfer back to the hotel.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Spanish speaking guide.
- Entrance to the Meidum pyramid.
- Entrance to the Qarun archaeological site.
What's excluded :
Route Duration: 10 hoursStops on the Fayoum Oasis:
Attractions on the Fayoum Oasis:
Operates: A daily departure
Departure Point :You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :You may disembark at any of the available stops.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.