Exit Glacier Ice Hiking Adventure from Seward
This tour includes glacier hiking on Exit Glacier located within the Kenai Fjords National Park. Explore the fascinating features of the glacier including blue ice and large crevasses. Add a little excitement as we (safely) explore many features of this ancient ice. All the while enjoying the amazing views around us!
This tour is available with pick up in Seward or meet-on-location at the park entrance. Choose to be collected at select pickup pointa in Seward or meet us at Exit Glacier Nature Center a few miles outside of the town of Seward.
The whole tour will last about 8 hours in total, up to 3+ hours of which may be spent on the ice.
This trip is rated as STRENUOUS.
*The hike up the mountain is approximately 1.5 miles, with ~1,300 feet of elevation gain - this is the most physically exerting part of the trip.
Terrain: You must have a good-to-high level of fitness and be able to walk on steep, and uneven terrain, uphill for long distances, and for long durations.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Glacier Guides
- Glacier hiking equipment - helmet, harness, crampons, trekking poles.
- Deli lunch - wrap, granola bar, piece of fruit
- Ground transportation from Seward to Kenai Fjords National Park
- Entry/Admission - Exit Glacier
What's excluded :
- Gratuities for guides
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kenai Backcountry Adventures, 10691 Lupine Circle, Seward, AK 99664
We will pick you up in Seward.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Exit Glacier Road, Kenai Fjords National Park, AK 99664
This is where your Glacier Hiking Adventure takes place.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Exit Glacier Road, Exit Glacier Rd, Seward, AK 99664, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup at select locations within Seward city limits. Please, contact tour operator as soon as possible to arrange pickup, or meeting location.Ports
- Seward cruise terminal
- Alaska Railroad Seward Depot
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Participants under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Please eat a hearty breakfast in the morning prior to arriving for your trip.
- YOU BRING - Snacks, and a full water bottle(s).
- YOU BRING - *Sturdy, well broken-in hiking boots. REQUIRED
- YOU BRING - *Waterproof rain jacket. REQUIRED
- YOU BRING - *Waterproof rain pants. REQUIRED
- YOU BRING - *Gloves REQUIRED
- YOU BRING - Clothes for dressing in layers; dress for current weather conditions.
- YOU BRING - Camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, and any personal items.
- YOU BRING - Cash if offering guide gratuities (recommended)
- Not recommended for travelers that have difficulty walking / hiking for long periods of time.
- Not recommended for travelers that have difficulty on uneven, rough terrain.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.