Exotic East End Walking Food Tour
This is not simply a ‘food tour’ but a journey around the world and understanding and celebration of how the most multicultural area of the most cosmopolitan city came to be. You’ll Taste Indian samosas, local oysters with a glass of Bubbly, Ghanian chocolate and “Jewish Beigels or Bagels” (depends on which side of The World you are). No visit to the East End would be complete without some Cockney banter, so you’ll learn bit o’ rhyming slang when it’s time to rest your ‘plates of meat’. This is the ultimate cultural journey in London’s backyard and carefully curated for every taste!
This is simply heaven for foodies, culture vultures, historians and any visitor who wants to understand what really makes London tick; what it was and what it is today. A real epiphany for any visitor to London and an offbeat experience for those looking for something completely different.
per adult from
What's included :
- Discover the art of Cockney Rhyming Slang
- Lunch - Freshly cooked East End Asian Samosa and a delicious, sweet treat ‘Jelaby’
- Coffee and/or Tea - Specialist hot chocolate from Dark Sugar with real crushed chocolate flakes (vegan / dairy free option available)
- PPE kit for each guest with your own drawstring souvenir bag
- Snacks - Freshly cooked East End Asian Samosa and a delicious, sweet treat ‘Jelaby’
- Chocolate making lesson
- Alcoholic Beverages - Fresh oysters and a glass of bubbly at The English Restaurant
- Local, passionate tour guide
What's excluded :
- Drinks at the restaurant
- Transportation To & From the start and End of the Tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shoreditch, Shoreditch, London, England
Meet at Shoreditch station
We start at Shoreditch High Street (Train Station) next to the vibrant BoxPark. If you’re early there are lots of coffee shops and outdoor retailers to occupy yourself.
We will then set off through the markets of Brick Lane, with food from over 40 nations/regions available
Highlights / stop-offs will include:
A visit to chocolate specialists from Ghana - ‘Dark Sugars’. Pause and enjoy a very different culinary story along with the opportunity to buy some sweets and homemade Ice cream
Our next stop has a distinctly East End Asian flavour. Sample the best sweet & savoury that the sub-continent has to offer including Indian sweets & samosas
End your day in style at the English Restaurant, who can confidently claim to provide the best Oysters you’ll taste & a Glass of Bubbly …and as this is the East End, you’ll ‘ave a good ol’ knees-up learning Cockney Rhyming slang with yer bubbly ‘n’ cloisters!
Duration: 5 hours
Pass By: Brick Lane Market, 91 Brick Lane, London E1 6QL England
We will then set off through the markets of Brick Lane, with food from over 40 nations / regions available. Highlights / stop-offs will include:
• A 24-hour bakery with beigels so good people are queuing down the street.
• A visit to the Ghanaian chocolatier ‘Dark Sugars’. Enjoy a very different culinary story and the opportunity to buy some sweets and homemade ice cream.
• Our next stop has a distinctly East End Asian flavour. Sample the best sweet and savoury treats that the sub-continent has to offer, including Indian sweets and samosas.
• End your experience in style at the English Restaurant, who confidently claim to provide the best oysters you’ll ever taste, best enjoyed with a glass of bubbly. As this is the East End, you’ll ‘ave a good ol’ knees-up learning Cockney rhyming slang with yer bubbly ‘n’ cloisters!
Departure Point :18 Bethnal Green Rd, Shoreditch, London E1 6GY, UK
Return Detail :The English Restaurant, 52 Brushfield St, Shadwell, London E1 6AG, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- At Imagine we have worked really hard to make sure that all our experiences are fun, unforgettable and of course, safe. We follow all COVID-19 guidelines and regulations about Social distancing and Cleaning & Desinfection standards recommended by the UK Government.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.