Exotic Island Tour from Basseterre
Exclusive scenic private tour of the lush tropical island of St. Kitts. Enjoy an island seeped in history. Picturesque scenery, indigenous green monkeys, friendly people and historical sites of epic proportions await you. Visit the Caribelle Batik and its world famous botanical gardens. Then it's on to Brimstone Hill National Fortress, the best preserved battalion in the Western Hemisphere. Finally, it's on to the famous Timothy Hill to view the picture perfect view of the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea all in one majestic vista.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Time for lunch (at own expense)
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Don't miss this exciting journey that will take you through the magnificent town of Basseterre, the capital of the best exotic island of St. Kitts.
This adventure offers a chance not only to visit some of the island's iconic landmarks like the Caribelle Batik, known for its absolutely stunning gardens and historical memorabilia, but to experience authentic Kittitian lifestyle at its best.
We begin our tour with an air conditioned drive through historical Basseterre viewing old fort ruins, majestic church buildings and beautiful Independence Square. We continue westwards, passing the egrets nesting site, a bird watcher's dream, and on to Bloody Point.
Caribelle Batik, an old plantation house lovingly restored by its current owners will be our next stop. For 45 minutes, see the Lipstick Tree, Ginger Lilies and other flora and fauna found exclusively in this location, and then take a 15 minute stroll through the lush, verdant Rain Forest. Come see and experience nature! The green monkey and a variety of other birds and animals awaits you.
The tour continues with a 45-minute stop at the internationally renowned Brimstone Hill National Fortress which dates back to the eighteenth century but has been kept in pristine condition.
From there it's off to Black Rocks where igneous rocks formed from the 2,000 year old Mount Liamigua volcanic eruption stands out in majestic splendor in the Atlantic Ocean. Then take an idyllic drive through the easterly countryside of Saddlers, Tabernacle, Cayon and Conaree until you return to the cruise terminal at Port Zante.
Departure Point :Port Zante, St Kitts & Nevis
Traveler pickup is offered
I will be standing in front of the Smoke and Booze Store in Port Zante which is North of the Arrivals Hall. Ask anyone in uniform to point it out to you as it is visible from the Arrivals Hall.Ports
- Port Zante
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.