Expedition Santa Cruz Trek, Climbing Pisco and Chopicalqui - 12 Days
Chopicalqui is sometimes dubbed the easiest 6000 peak in the Cordillera Blanca, with good reason as its south-west ridge route is only rated around AD. This makes it very popular and it can be crowded at times. However, more than one party has been turned around by snow up to the chest on the last portions of the climb, and the route gets out of condition after each heavy snowfall.
Due to its proximity to the two Huascaran peaks, Chopicalqui can seem less significant than actual height would warrant, especially when seen from Huaraz. It is sometimes called the Eastern Huascaran summit.
The climb offers spectacular views of neighboring summits Huandoy, Chacraraju, Pisco and Huascaran, and most of the range is visible from the summit.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport Huaraz to Cashapampa, and return from Vaqueria in a private vehicle
- Professional certified guide - AGPM - IFMGA
- Professional outdoor cook
- Donkeys or llamas and porters where applicable
- Full camping and kitchen equipment. Complete food
- kitchen tent, mess tent, two-people tents, tables, chairs, and bathroom tent
- First aid kit stocked for wilderness expedition
- Information and specific recommendations before the trekking
- Permanent assistance of the agency throughout the duration of your stay
What's excluded :
- International flights and applicable airport taxes
- Accommodation and meals in Lima & Huaraz
- Line Bus transportation Lima – Huaraz – Lima
- Acclimatization program preceding this trek
- Personal clothing and equipment (such good shoes, a small back pack, clothes, sleeping bag and pad, etc.
- Incidental personal expenditures, including emergency evacuations and medical expenditures
- Insurance: personal travel, high mountain and/or medical insurance
- Day 1: Huaraz (3100m) – Cashapampa (2900m) – Llamacorral (3760m)
Day 2: Llamacorral – Taullipampa (4100m)
Day 3: Taullipampa – Punta Union pass (4750m) - Paria (3000m)
Day 4: Paria – Vaquería – Potachuelo pass (4760m) – Cebollapampa (3900m)
Day 5: Cebollapampa – Pisco Base Camp (4300m)
Day 6: Pisco Base Camp – Moraine Camp (4800m)
Day 7: Moraine Camp – Pisco summit (5752m) – Pisco Base Camp
Day 8: Pisco Base Camp – Chopicalqui base camp
Day 9: Rest day (optional)
Day 10: Chopicalqui Base Camp – moraine Camp (4800m)
Day 11: Moraine Camp – High Camp (5300m)
Day 12: Chopicalqui summit (6354m) – Moraine Camp or Base Camp
Day 13: Return Huaraz.
Departure Point :Hotel or the Andes Travel Expeditions office
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Puede ser operado por un guía multilingüe.
- Por favor avise cualquier requerimiento dietético específico al momento de la reserva
- Opción vegetariana está disponible, por favor avise al momento de la reserva si es necesario
- No recomendado para participantes con problemas de espalda.
- Una cantidad moderada de caminata está involucrada
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.