Expedition To Vjetrenica Cave - Speleological Day Tour from Mostar
Expedition to Vjetrenica starts in Mostar. On the way we visit Radimlja, medieval necropolis rich in tombstones. In Vjetrenica, experienced guides will lead us on to discovering underground world with rivers, lakes and natural decorations. After Vjetrenica, we visit nearby Orthodox monastery of Zavala, carved deep in to the rocks.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Described in the first world's encyclopedia Naturalis Historia, Vjetrenica is one of the largest caves in Europe. Much of it has not been even explored yet, but the accessible part offer an insight into the wonders of the underground world. Rich in fauna, with numerous natural decorations in form of stalactites and stalagmites, with lakes and rivers, Vjetrenica really seems as the place from the fairytale. Our tour starts in Mostar. On the way we visit Radimlja, medieval necropolis whose tombstones date back even to one thousand years ago. Richly decorated, these tombstones reveal the life in Bosnia-Herzegovina in the medieveal times. Upon visit to Vjetrenica, we visit Zavala, nearby Orthodox monastery carved deep in the rocks. Zavala's mysterious monks will welcome us as we pass through the tunnels and stairways of this beautiful monastery.
Departure Point :i House Travel
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :After the tour we return to the starting point (i House Travel agency in the Old Town)
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.