Experience Armenia - Day Trip from Tbilisi
If you're staying in Tbilisi, this tour by Kartveli tours is perfect for you to explore the neighboring country of Armenia.
During the tour we will visit the Northern part of Armenia, which has more than 65% of the forests of the country. This region in the medieval times was the religious and educational center. In the soviet times, it was an industrial city with mines all over the place. We will hear about both sides of the story during the tour.
We will also enjoy a lunch cooked especially for us in a local restaurant or a family upon your request/preference.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Lunch - We’ll make a stop at a well known traditional restaurant to get to know Armenian cuisine closer. We’ll try many Armenian dishes and most importantly the famous BBQ – Khoravats!
What's excluded :
- Visa Fee (If required)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monastery of Sanahin, Alaverdi 1705 Armenia
Stop at the 10th century monastery of Sanahin – a UNESCO World heritage sight. Explore the full complex with the guide and find out about its past, present and future.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Haghpat Monastery, next to Saint Nshan Church, Haghpat 1722 Armenia
After the lunch, we’ll explore yet another UNESCO World heritage sight – Haghpat Monastery. Same as the Sanahin – this monastery was constructed 1000 years ago.
We’ll visit all of the important buildings of the complex to get a full understanding of how life was here throughout centuries.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mikoyan Brothers Museum, Mikoyan St. Sanahin, Alaverdi Armenia
Mikoyan brothers are from the Armenian Elite society. One of them was a minister of foreign affairs in Soviet Union, while the other one – an aircraft engineer. Later, is known for the MIG airplanes. We’ll make a quick stop at the museum to take a look at a real MIG 21 fighter jet.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Akhtala Monastery, Off 1st Raffi St., Akhtala Armenia
Akhtala fortress is located closer to the Georgia-Armenia border. It’s a fortress from the 11th century and boasts a beautiful cathedral with unique murals.
We’ll walk through the whole complex to enjoy it’s gorgeous architecture and surrounding landscape.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Tours are run on a private basis, thus trips begin and end at your doorstep - be it your hotel, apartment or tent. Within Tbilisi of course :)Airports
- Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport, Tbilisi Georgia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.