Experience Local Food and Drink on Sunamachi Ginza Delicatessen Street
Little known even to many Japanese people, Sunamachi Ginza is one of the best local shopping streets and street food paradise in Tokyo. The shops of Sunamachi are mainly family-run businesses and each has maintained its own unique flavor for more than 60 years. On this 3.5-hour walking tour, meet local vendors, sample delicious dishes and drinks, and learn all about Japanese culinary culture and feel the nostalgic local atmosphere.
Meet up with your friendly local guide at Kinshicho Station with an empty stomach and take a bus to Sunamachi Ginza area. Taste some foods which are made with passed down family recipes. Try Tempura which is lightly battered, deep-fried seafood or vegetable, Inari Sushi which is Sushi rice wrapped with sweeten fried tofu, Yakitori which is grilled chicken skewers, Oden hot pot and Japanese Sake and so on. For the dessert, have some Japanese tea and sweets. Listen to the histories and stories behind each stores and find your favorite Japanese food.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Food tasting (Tempura, Inari sushi, Yakitori, Minced cutlet, hot pot, Japanese tea etc)
- Local and professional guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Extra food and drink
- Other personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Starbucks Kinshicho TERMINA2, テルミナ2, 1-chōme-2-47 Kinshi, Sumida City, Tokyo 130-0013, Japan
Meet up at South gate of JR Kinshicho-station (http://blog.japanwondertravel.com/Sunamachi-map.pdf).
Then we move to local shopping street by local bus.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sunamachi Ginza Shopping Street, Koto Tokyo Prefecture
Get ready to enjoy some delectable food while learning about Japanese cooking techniques and culture.
With your guide, stroll down the vibrant shopping street of Sunamachi Ginza, dipping in and out of shops along the way and sampling their wares.
Try a vast array of traditional Japanese foods including inarizushi (tofu stuffed with rice balls), yakitori (grilled chicken skewers), and oden (a type of soup with many different ingredients), while soaking up the historic atmosphere. Make sure to try a glass of sake to wash down your lunch.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sauna Kinshicho, 2-6-3 Kinshi, Sumida 130-0013 Tokyo Prefecture
After enjoyed Sunamachi Ginza street, we come back to JR Kinshicho Station by local bus and give you directions on how to get to wherever you want to go next.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Tokyo Skytree, 1 Chome-1-2, Oshiage, Sumida 131-8634 Tokyo Prefecture
Our tour is near Skytree.
Departure Point :Japan, 〒130-0022 Tokyo, Sumida City, Kōtōbashi, 3-chōme−14−１０ 山本ビル
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant meal is not included
- Minimum drinking age is 20 years. We prepare another drink for under 20 years.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply (2 people). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered full refund and notified 3 days in advance.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Regular temperature checks for travelers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.