Explore ancient Olympia Full day Private tour
Everyone in the world heard about the Olympic games and we will take you to the sacred place of the ancient world and the birthplace of the Olympic Games - ancient Olympia. Your guide will tell you everything about the place where the games were held every four years from the 8th century BC until the 4th AD. You will see all the surrounding infrastructure and several important temples.
Your guide will pick you up from your hotel or from your cruise ship.
On a comfortable private vehicle, you will have a ride to Olympia having an interesting commentary about Katakolon and Olympia.
As soon as you will arrive you will have 3 hours guided tour with visits yo the temple of Zeus, the temple of Hera, the spot of the lighting of the Olympic torch, and the stadium, among other sites.
The tour includes the inside visit to the Archeological Museum where you will see a lot of treasures.
After that, we will drive you back to the port or to your hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional licensed guide
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation in a private vehicle
- Entrance tickets
- All fees and taxes
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Museum of Olympia
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Olympia
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Olympia, Olympia, Elis Region, West Greece
Olympia is a small town in Elis on the Peloponnese peninsula in Greece, famous for the nearby archaeological site of the same name, which was a major Panhellenic religious sanctuary of ancient Greece, where the ancient Olympic Games were held. The site was primarily dedicated to Zeus and drew visitors from all over the Greek world as one of a group of such "Panhellenic" centers which helped to build the identity of the ancient Greeks as a nation. Despite the name, it is nowhere near Mount Olympus in northern Greece, where the Twelve Olympians, the major deities of Ancient Greek religion, were believed to live.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Archaeological Museum of Olympia, Archaia Olympia, Olympia 27 065 Greece
The Archaeological Museum of Olympia is one of the principal museums of Greece, located in Olympia. It is overseen by the Ministry of Culture and Sports, and, as of 2009, is directed by Georgia Xatzi. When the original building was completed and opened in 1882, it was the first museum in Greece outside of Athens.
Hermes and the Infant Dionysus, also known as the Hermes of Praxiteles or the Hermes of Olympia is an ancient Greek sculpture of Hermes and the infant Dionysus discovered in 1877 in the ruins of the Temple of Hera, Olympia, in Greece. It is displayed at the Archaeological Museum of Olympia.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Olympia, Archea Olympia, Olympia 27065 Greece
The Temple of Zeus at Olympia was an ancient Greek temple in Olympia, Greece, dedicated to the god Zeus. The temple, built in the second quarter of the fifth century BC, was the very model of the fully developed classical Greek temple of the Doric order.
The Temple of Hera, or Heraion, is an ancient Archaic Greek temple at Olympia, Greece, that was dedicated to Hera, queen of the Greek Gods. It was the oldest temple at Olympia and one of the most venerable in all Greece.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Katakolo Port, Katakolo 270 67, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.