Explore Central Greece with an affordable 2 days tour to Delphi and Meteora
Highlights of the tour to Delphi, Meteora, Thermopylae
• Blessed Lucas Byzantine monastery
• The town of Delphi, the museum and the archaeological site of Delphi with the temple of Apollo
• The suspended rocks of Meteora with the breathtaking byzantine monasteries on top of them
• The town of Kalambaka by the feet of Meteora Rocks
• Thermopylae, the famous Hot Gates of the ancient Years.
• English-speaking driver. A guide is available on request
- A professional English speaking driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums according to the program. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have one, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licenced by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Travelers can customize the tour within the itenerary!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3-Star or family boutique style Hotel accommodation with breakfast
- A professional English speaking driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licenced by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Pick-up from the cruise ship pier at Port of Piraeus
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Athens
- Fuel surcharge
- Transport by private vehicle
- Landing and facility fees
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities.
- Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost
- Food and drinks
- Athens Airport transfers: arranged on request
- DAY 1: Athens, Osios Lucas Byzantine Monastery, Arachova, Delphi, Kalambaka, Meteora
The 2-day private tour starts in the morning of the first day. Your driver will travel you through the villages of Thebes & Levadia to visit one of the most famous Monastery of Ossios Lucas, known for its byzantine architecture and the golden mosaics, built in the 11th century.
After a short stop at the monastery, the private tour will continue towards Arachova, one of the most famous and popular winter destinations in Greece. Arachova is a lovely, picturesque mountain village, built on the south slopes of Mt Parnassus. It is famous for its bright multi colored carpets and the several local products including fresh pasta, cheese and sweets.
After Arachova, the tour will take you to Delphi, the ancient sanctuary of Apollo. Our private tour includes a visit to the Delphi Museum where you can see among others the archaeological treasures of the ancient oracle, the unique bronze Charioteer, and the sacred way to the Athenian treasury.
After our visit to the archaeological site and the museum of Delphi, we will enjoy a tasteful lunch in Delphi or Arachova. We will continue our private two day tour driving through the towns of Central Greece (Amphissa, Lamia, Trikala). We will drive through the Thessaly plain, the granary of Greece, to reach Kalambaka late in the afternoon, where we will spend the night.
DAY 2 : Kalambaka, Meteora, Thermopylae. Return to Athens
The second day of the tour starts with the visit to the breathtaking monasteries of Meteora, which is part of UNESCO‘s World Heritage Sites, built on the top of high rocks.
You will have the chance to visit byzantine monasteries of unique beauty and architecture, built in the 11th century.
After the visit to Meteora the tour will take you back to Athens, passing by the famous Thermopylae, the Hot Gates of Ancient Greece.
This is where the battle of Thermopylae took place in 480AD between the Persians of King Xerxes and the 300 Spartans of King Leonidas.
Late in the afternoon, we will arrive in Athens ending our tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point 08:00am: HOTEL MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: We will meet you at the main entrance of your hotel. Please inform the porter that you are expecting your tour driver to call for you. If you are staying in a small hotel, please inform the receptionist instead. CRUISE PORT MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: Please disembark and walk outside the terminal exit door, where our driver/guide will be waiting for you holding a sign with your name on it.Dates: See AvailabilityReturn point: Return at the same spotAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus port
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Sunscreen and hats are recommended for visits during the summer months
- Duration time is approximate and may vary based on local traffic and conditions
- While the local operator does its best to ensure sites are open before travel, they are not responsible for short-term closures
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.