Explore Cockscomb Wildlife Sanctuary Jungle Hike, River Tubing, Bird Watching
Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary has the world’s highest concentration of big cats in the world. In addition to jaguars, this 98 000 acre Jaguar Reserve is home to jaguarondis, pumas, ocelots and margays. There is also a lot of “cat food” to be found including agouties, anteaters, armadillos, tapirs, brocket deer, coatis, kinkajous, otters, pacas, and peccaries and a troop of howler monkeys. Lots of birds can be seen while hiking in this beautiful wildlife refuge. Your licensed guide will show and describe many of the plants and trees and the uses the Maya made of them and will help you spot the birds, insects and animals resident in the Jaguar Preserve.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned van
- Tour Guide.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges.
- Entry/Admission - Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Preserve
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks.
- US$ 10.00 per person for pickup/drop off north of Placencia Village.
- The Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary includes hiking and river tubing when river conditions are suitable. Hiking paths range from easy to strenuous. A typical tour is an easy hike along the River Walk trail to learn about the plants, trees and the uses the Maya made of them. Along the way, you will see birds, insects and animal residents in the Jaguar Preserve. After Lunch, enjoy river tubing and a 20 minutes hike to swim in the cool pool below the waterfalls. If you are looking for more of a workout, climb Tiger Fern for more water falls or to Ben's Bluff where you can enjoy a panoramic view of Mount Victoria and Outlier.
Departure Point :Splash Dive Centre, 2287 Placencia Peninsula Road, Placencia 00000, Placencia, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
We text guests to arrange time and place for pickup. We provide complimentary pickup and drop off along the main road in Placencia Village but charge US$ 10.00 per person for pickup/drop off north of Placencia Village.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant meals not included.
- Hiking trails range from moderate to rigorous and can be muddy after rains
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Belize protocol requires guests to arrive at pickup points or at our dive center wearing masks, apply hand sanitizer and be subject to temperature measurement. You must wear your mask except when eating or drinking.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.