Explore hidden streets with friends
Escape the crowds and explore tranquil places in a historic neighbourhood. See Amsterdam with the eyes of a local!
We will show you more than the usual: iconic buildings & hidden courtyards. While strolling through the maze of little streets we will tell you stories spanning centuries from Rembrandt until today.
On our way to the local neighbourhood of Jordaan you will:
- learn more about the history of the canal belt & encounter magnificent buildings like the Royal Palace
- visit hidden courtyards that housed sailors` widows and elderly people on charity in 1650 – the first social housing projects in the world
- explore the distinct lay-out and see the difference that this neighbourhood shows compared to the canal belt
- find out why both locals & art community fought to preserve the special character of the area when investors and the city tried to remodel it in the 1970s
- browse for a reminder on an antique market
Let us show you our Jordaan: a living village inside the city
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Beurs van Berlage, Damrak 243 Next to the Bijenkorf, 1012 Amsterdam The Netherlands
You will get an introduction of the origins of Amsterdam.
Pass By: Dam Square, Amsterdam The Netherlands
We will explain the importance and history of this central square.
Stop At: Amsterdam Canal Ring, Amsterdam The Netherlands
We will cross the Canal Ring of Amsterdam and learn about the extension of the city during the medieval.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: 9 Little Streets (Negen Straatjes), 9 Little Streets (Negen Straatjes), Amsterdam, North Holland Province
The nine streets have become a cozy area for shopping away from the masses of tourism.
Pass By: Noorderkerk, Noordermarkt 44-48, 1015 NA Amsterdam The Netherlands
The church for the poor - learn why this was constructed exactly here.
Pass By: Anne Frank House, Prinsengracht 263 - 267 museum entrance Westermarkt 20, 1016 DK Amsterdam The Netherlands
We will pass by the Anne Frank house during our stroll through the Jordaan.
Pass By: Westerkerk, Prinsengracht 279-281, 1016 GW Amsterdam The Netherlands
The Westerkerk is a marvel of a church. Rembrandt was burried here.
Stop At: The Jordaan, Amsterdam The Netherlands
We will discover hidden streets and squares and learn about this remaining authentic Amsterdam neighbourhood.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Beursplein 1, 1012 JW Amsterdam, Netherlands
Return Detail :Elandsgracht, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- You should be able to walk for about 3 hours.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- We will keep the groups very small meaning we will not mix bookings except if we have 2 solo travellers. Otherwise we will only show you around as couple or family. We will keep the necessary distance and in case you do not have a face mask we will provide one for you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.