Explore Malahide And Howth: Day Trip From Dublin
On this personalised experience, enjoy a day out of the city and discover Dublin’s stunning north coast, soaking up its history and enjoying the fresh sea air. With a Local Host by your side, visit Malahide Castle with its 250 acres of lush parkland and Victorian Botanical Gardens. After exploring the castle and its beautifully preserved medieval interior, head to the historic village of Howth to explore its charming streets, see the friendly local seals hanging out on the pier and try the famous fish and chips! This fishing village is a favourite escape for Dubliners, and with such a picturesque harbour and panoramic views over Dublin Bay you’ll soon see why
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 8 hours with a Local Host
- Transportation from Dublin and back to the city by bus
- Walking experience once at destination
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions additional to those included
- Transportation costs additional to those included
- What you'll do
Join a like-minded Local Host to get out of the city for a day and explore Dublin’s beautiful north coast, from the historic Malahide Castle to the picturesque fish village of Howth, and all the stunning scenery in between!
Visit the 12th century Malahide Castle, which was home to the Talbot family for over 800 years. Explore it’s beautiful parklands, walk through the Victorian Walled and Botanical Gardens and soak up the history of the place as you discover its medieval era decor and period furnishings.
From here, head to the charming fishing village of Howth, where harbour is dotted with fishing boats and the pier is home to a friendly group of seals! Explore this village which has roots dating back to the Viking era, then taste the famous fish and chips that Howth is known for!
Head up Howth Summit, where you’ll find stunning panoramic views of Dublin Bay and the city in the distance see if you can spot St. Anne’s Park and Bull Island!
Get recommendations from your Local Host for other day trips you can make from Dublin, so you can discover more of the real local culture and get a feel for the region’s rich heritage.
What to expect
* Join a Local Host to make the one hour journey north of Dublin to visit Malahide Castle
* Explore the 12th century castle, its parklands and Victorian botanical garden
* Visit the charming village of Howth, where you can explore the harbour and see seals on the pier
* Enjoy the village’s famous fish and chips!
* Head up Howth Summit where you’ll find panoramic views over Dublin Bay
Departure Point :Dublin, Ireland
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the area. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/24/2018 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- After booking, you will receive a short questionnaire, so you’ll be able to tell us more about your interests and preferences. Based on your responses you’ll be matched with a like-minded Local Host
- Meeting Point
- Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.