Explore Mt. Fuji Ice Cave in Aokigahara Forest
Aokigahara forest, as known as Jukai (Sea of trees) is located on the north side of Mt. Fuji and attracts many people. Enjoy this 3-hour adventure to a cave where you can only go with a special permission with an English speaking guide. No handrails and no light, unspoiled secret cave. An adventure tour that can not be compared with others, heading with one headlight. Small-Group Tour is limited to a maximum of 12 travelers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Driver/guide (Local professional guide)
- English speaking guide
- Pick-up service and drop-off service (Kawaguchiko station, Hotel around Lake Kawaguchiko)
- Exploration Equipment (a helmet / an overall / gloves / a headlight)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - THE HIGHEST PEAK
What's excluded :
- Accommodation Fee
- Transportation Fee so far
- Food and drinks
- There was a large eruption at the base of Fuji mountain 1200 years ago and a large amount of lava flew creating many caves out of the solid lava flow. After that, Mt Fuji's melted snow came into the frozen caves and formed beautiful ice art.
This is an adventure tour where you can explore a rare cave which is so unique that you cannot find anywhere else. Have to walk with only a single headlight and you will enter the world of 0°C in the caves that is made by the great Mt Fuji. With full of thrill, using your five senses.
Your guide with full knowledge of the area will assist you to enjoy the area fully.
With this tour, walk through a mysterious and beautiful forest - the Sea of Trees/Aokibara Forest with a highly experienced English guide. During the tour, experience full of adventure and excitement that will stimulate all senses, have chance to view the natural ice art that created Mt. Fuji through its history.
The tour is operated in a small group, normally individual guests require to obtain a special entry permit; however we are the only group tour that
includes this in the tour.
The tour also include entry to the "Real Cave" where is secluded and hasn't became a tourist attraction, and also experience the world of 0 degree Celsius natural caves created by Mt. Fuji.
1. Meet at meeting point.
2. Tour preparation (helmet, headlight, overall, gloves, clothes to change ,toilet and calm down your feelings)
3. Move to departure site of the tour
4. Walking in Aokigahara Forest (40 minutes), exploring the lava cave (60 minutes) and walking in Aokigahara Forest (40 minutes)
5. Move to the meeting point
6. Review and breaking up
7. Go home safely
Depending on tour progress, there is time fluctuation.
Departure Point :1: 3641 Funatsu, Fujikawaguchiko, Minamitsuru District, Yamanashi 401-0301, Japan
2: 8532-63 Narusawa, Minamitsuru District, Yamanashi 401-0320, Japan
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Kawaguchiko station (when you use pick-up service)Hotels around Lake Kawaguchiko or Lake Yamanakako (when you use pick-up service)Narusawa road station (If you have a rental car)
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Follow the guide's instruction. For safety measures, we may suspend the tour if there is a customer who does not follow the directions or is disturbing other customers.
- Depending on the program, this may not be safe for customers who are pregnant or have been drinking.
- There is a reception on the appointed date so please arrive on time.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Clothes suitable for outdoor activities. Long sleeves / long pants/winter jacket.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 1 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.