Explore National Museum and Military Museum with professional guide
National Museum is the first public museum of Nepal which was not opened till 1938 to general public. It was an arsenal museum and repository of weapons as well as a private collection of Royal family and Rana Prime Ministers. It was accessible to the general public in 1938 AD and was named as “Chhauni Silkhana“.It was renamed as Nepal Museum in 1942. It was formally named as National Museum (Rastriya Sangrahalaya) in 1967. Ever since its inception, the museum has collected thousands of pre-historical, archeological , history and culturally important objects and thus occupies as very prominent position as a repository of ancient Nepalese art, culture, sculpture and painting.
Opposite the National Museum in an army compound, this will likely appeal only to fans of military history. Lined up on parade outside the museum are a two-person tank, Nepal’s first ever Rolls-Royce, gifted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1961, and a Sky van transport plane.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private transfer by luxurious vehicle
- Guide fee
- Entrance fees with camera
- Entry/Admission - The National Museum
- Entry/Admission - Military Museum
What's excluded :
- Any meals or drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The National Museum, Chhauni, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
10:00 am or 12:00 pm: Hotel pick up and drive to Chhauni
National Museum has three exhibition buildings in its premise named as Historical building, Juddha Jatiya art gallery and Buddhist art gallery. Its collections are able to give clear and detail information about Nepalese art and culture to its visitors.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Military Museum, Chhauni Road, Kathmandu, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
The interior displays lead past endless paintings of death and mayhem depicting Nepali battles over the centuries, including several against British and Tibetans, as well as an armory, including a fine bazooka and circular weapon rack. Look for the portrait of the intriguing 18th-century queen Rajendra Laxmi Devi Shah, who trained as a soldier and led her army on three campaigns.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick and drop off service from Hotel inside Kathmandu city ring road.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Hotel pick up and drop off outside Kathmandu city ring road in additional cost.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.