Explore Navagraha Temples Of The Sun, Moon, Venus & Rahu With Lunch
On this day-excursion from Trichy, visit temples dedicated to the nine celestial bodies of the zodiac, Navagrahas, as defined by Hindu mythology. The Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu are known as the Navagrahas. There are a set of nine temples in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu, each dedicated to one of these nine bodies. According to Hindu beliefs, these celestial bodies have a beneficial or malefic influence on an individual’s horoscope as they move through their planetary course. Worshipping them helps remove their negative impact.
• Temple of the Sun
• Temple of the Moon
• Temple of Venus
• Temple of Rahu
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food or drink, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kumbakonam, Kumbakonam, Thanjavur District, Tamil Nadu
You will be picked up from your hotel early in the morning for the two and a half hour drive to the Temple of the Sun situated near the town of Kumbakonam. The temple is one of the few historic temples dedicated to the Sun God and is also the only temple in Tamil Nadu which has shrines for all the nine celestial bodies of the Hindu zodiac. It was built in the 11th century A.D. by the Chola King Kulothunga I. According to Hindu beliefs, the Sun God bestows health, success and prosperity.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chandra Sthalam Thingalur (Kailasanthar) Temple, Thingaloor, Thanjavur 612204 India
Next drive to the Temple of the Moon situated in the town of Thingalur, an hour’s drive from the Temple of the Sun. The Moon God is said to be the reliever of stress and sorrow. The temple has a huge statue of the Nandi bull at its entrance and a 16 sided Lingam (a phallic structure associated with the Hindu God Shiva).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kanjanur Temple, Near Surynar Koil Northern bank of River Cauvery, Navagraha Sthalas, Kumbakonam India
After this visit the Temple of Venus, situated in the town of Kanjanur 21 miles from the Temple of the Moon. Venus is said to resolve problems related to love, marriage, beauty and comforts.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Arulmigu Naganathaswamy Temple Thirunageswaram, Thirividaimarudhur Thirunageswaram, Kumbakonam 612204 India
The last stop of the day is the Temple of Rahu situated in the town of Thirunageswaram, a half-hour drive away. Rahu is associated with malefic effects on an individual’s horoscope and is worshipped in this temple to relieve people of its ill-effects.
All four temples were built during the reign of the Cholas between the 7th and 11th century A.D. and are reflective of the Dravidian style of architecture that is characterized by a 5-tiered central tower with ornate exteriors.
At the end of the tour, enjoy lunch (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant.
After lunch you will be driven back to Trichy and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Tiruchirappalli International Airport, Tiruchy Airport Rd, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620007, India
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.