Explore Paestum with an Expert Archaeologist
Poseidonia was founded by the Greeks at the end of the 7th century BC. The name was related to the Greek god Poseidon, protector of the sea.
This archaeological area is now one of the best preserved cities from the times of Greek colonization.
We will go to discover the evolution of this ancient city from the Greeks to the Romans through the ruins of temples dedicated to Athena, Hera, Apollo and Zeus.
In Paestum there is also an incredible National Museum that show us some of the most important artifacts of Greek and Roman times, where is possible to see the painted Tomb of the Diver, a masterpiece of 2500 years ago.
Poseidonia/Paestum is a wonderfull cultural heritage protected by the UNESCO.
***The first and the third monday of every month the National Museum is closed***
per adult from
What's included :
- Expert Local Archaeologist
What's excluded :
- Tickets (12 euros per person, free under 18 years old showing an ID card or a passport)
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Park of Paestum
- Entry/Admission - Museo Archeologico Nazionale di Paestum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaeological Park of Paestum, 84047 Paestum, Capaccio-Paestum Italy
During the visit of Archeological Area I'll show you the Ruins of the temples, the Heroon (the tomb of the mythical founder Hero of the Greek city), the Roman Forum and the Roman residential area.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Museo Archeologico Nazionale di Paestum, Via Magna Grecia 919, 84047 Paestum, Capaccio-Paestum Italy
In the National Museum I'll explain you the stone frieze that decorated the temple of Hera, some artifacts produced as offerings for gods, armor and weapons of Roman warriors and the painting tombs.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Archaeological Park of Paestum, Via Magna Graecia, 917/919, 84047 Paestum SA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.