Explore Paphos forest with e-mountain bikes
What makes this tour unique is the fact that it would be difficult and hardly as pleasant for non-athletes to explore its natural beauty with conventional bikes. The route to Milikouri climbs from 440 to 800m through Platys River Valley which is located deep in the Paphos Forest and even most locals are unaware about it's existence. That's not a problem for the e-bikes! Our e-bikes will expand your riding possibilities without compromising the feeling and health benefits of conventional bikes. You still ride a bike but when you push the pedals of a pedal-assist e-bike, a small motor engages and gives you boost so you can zip up hills and cruise over tough terrain. You can go further, faster and with less effort so you can enjoy the ride to the fullest!
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - A variety of small dishes (known as "meze") made traditionaly with a lot of care and love to satisfy special guests and show the famous Cypriot hospitality. Alcohol is not included due to safety.
- Bottled water
- Top of the range e-mountain bikes from the leading brands in the industry are provited. 1. CUBE Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 (2019 model). 2. Haibike SDURO Hardnine 29 (2019 model).
- Safety Helmets
- Spare tube-tyre levers-mini pumb-small multitool are provided.
- Entry/Admission - Paphos Forest
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tzelefos Bridge, Agios Nikolaos Cyprus
This will be the starting point of our tour, we will meet there and make a small briefing about the route and gear. Before we start you will receive full instructions on how to use your e-bike as well as general safety instructions.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Paphos Forest, Paphos Cyprus
Platys River is one of the two roots of Diarizos River. The area north of the famous Tzelefos Medieval Bridge until Milikouri Village is known as the Platys River Valley and is considered as one of the most magical places to see across the whole island as it is an area with rich vegetation within the deep Paphos Forest.
Start: Tzelefos Bridge (440m altitute)
Distance to Milikouri (800m altitute): 14km (2km asfalt), (10km dirt road)
Overall distance: 28km
Duration: 4 hours (biking time 2.5 hours)-total time may vary depending on group
Before we start you will receive full instructions on how to use your e-bike as well as general safety instructions.
We will ride our e-bikes to Milikouri village and back. The route to Milikouri climbs from 440 to 800m. That's not a problem for the e-bikes! They make the climb easy and pleasant, giving the opportunity to recreational cyclists and less physically active individuals, to enjoy the natural beauty and the view of this unknown part of Cyprus which would have been almost impossible to do with regular bikes.
Arriving at Milikouri, one of the most remoted and isolated villages in the heart of Paphos Forest, everything is so peacefull and quiet that you have the sense that time stopped and you are in the middle of nowhere! We will make a break here under a big plane tree at a small traditional restaurant at the center of the village.
At Platanos restaurant we will have a coffee and enjoy some traditional treats (meze) that are made by hand from materials that are produced traditionaly, from the restaurant owners and other small producers in the area. We will have some "real" halloumi, lountza, pitta, olives, fresh tomatoes, souvlaki and other delicious meze.
After we eat and get some rest (about 1 hour) we will start our return journey.
Duration: 3 hours 40 minutes
Departure Point :Tzelefos Bridge, Cyprus
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.