Explore Portage Valley a Self-Guided Tour
If you like to explore on your own in the great outdoors, you’re going to love Portage Valley! This self-guided tour gives you access to a wealth of hiking and biking trails that will immerse you in one of the most scenic regions of Alaska! Catch glimpses of native wildlife, hanging glaciers, and mountains.
Explore Portage Valley a Self-Guided Tour is for those who enjoy getting away from the crowd and exploring at their own pace.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Activities are not included. We recommend that you look up things to do in Portage.
- ***We pick up at the Visit Anchorage Log Cabin Visitor Information Center, 546 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA.***
- Because we want to get right to work at showing you the most stunning scenery Alaska has to offer, we no longer pick up at hotels. Prior years it often took 1/2 an hour to an hour picking up customers. We have found nobody wants a hotel tour before and after a tour.
- We will pick you up at the downtown Anchorage Visitors Center behind log cabin. We normally park right behind the red trolley. It is an active loading and unloading zone so please be ready on time as the driver will have be asked by parking enforcement to move after 10 minutes.
- *Please be ready 20 minutes prior.*
- Look for a gray van with a brown bear on the back.
- A representative may be looking for you, so please watch for them. They are there to expedite the tour as the stop can get very congested and remember we don't know what you look like.
- If you need transfer service - - Anchorage has Uber, Lyft and taxi service which is convenient and inexpensive. Many hotels offer FREE shuttle service to the downtown visitors center.
- Parking lots and garages are located at various locations one block away and are clearly marked. Please remember to take a picture of your parking ticket as you can add time should the tour go over the time allotted.
- Remember that if you need to cancel or reschedule the activity for any reason, you can reach us at both the number and email above. If you purchased a discount tour it is likely non-refundable. All other full fare tickets are refundable 24 hours prior to original booking date.
NOTE: The Anchorage Visitors Center does not own the company and they are not representatives. The Visitors Center provides information on the city and tours offered only. There are no public restrooms at the Visitors Center. Nearest restroom is a block away at the Mall.
**Looking forward to your visit!**
Departure Point :546 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
- We will pick you up at the downtown Anchorage Visitors Center behind log cabin. We normally park right behind the red trolley. It is an active loading and unloading zone so please be ready on time as the driver will have be asked by parking enforcement to move after 10 minutes.- *Please be ready 20 minutes prior.*- Look for a gray van with a brown bear on the back.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.