Explore Savannah History Walking Tour
Walk along the streets lined with Live Oak trees draped in Spanish Moss. You will discover how and why Savannah was established, learn about battles fought, hear the stories filled with mystery, intrigue, and passion. Your guide will explain how this city first began, and how she has grown into this modern worldwide destination of today.
Along the way, you will discover the history and home of the Gordon family and Juliette Gordon Low, the founder of the Girl Scouts. See where Forest Gump sat with his box of chocolates, walk on battleground, discover the home used as headquarters by General Sherman. Also discover why Savannah is the most haunted city in the nation and why are we built on our dead. Learn the history of the 26,500 square foot home and who lives there today. You tour will cover all this and much more.
We walk at a comfortable pace for everyone, allowing time to enjoy your surroundings and truly experience Savannah.
per adult from
90 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Professional Local Guide
What's excluded :
- Beginning in Wright Square, this approximately 90-minute “Let’s Walk About it Tour,” takes you through many squares of Historic Savannah, Georgia. We will explore over 285 years of history, as you discover how and why this beautiful city first began in 1733. See the house where General Sherman stayed during the Civil War, see the home of Juliette Gordon Low, the founder of the Girl Scouts, learn about the men and women who shaped this city. Take your picture at the very spot Forrest Gump sat with his box of chocolates, and learn about a few other movie locations.
Learn about all these things, including Pirates, the Hanging Square, the Siege of Savannah, Colonial Park Cemetery where over 9,000 are buried, Forsyth Park and more. We will also share a few stories and folklores passed down over time.
Want Ghosts? We’ve got them to!
Departure Point :The Hauntings. Walking Ghost Tour., Tomochichi's Rock, 124 Bull St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Return Detail :1 W Gaston St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Email confirmation at time of reservation
- Comfortable Walking shoes (approximately 1 mile with benches along the way)
- Consider the weather, bring an umbrella
- Summertime can be hot & humid - bring a bottle of water
- Tour operates rain or shine
- In the event of severe weather, you will be provided the option to reschedule (no refunds unless we cancel the tour)
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We keep our groups small and manageable, allowing plenty of space to maintain social distancing. The city of Savannah has mandated that everyone wears a mask when in close contact with the public, when social distancing is not possible. Masks must be worn inside stores.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.