Explore Temples In Shimla With Breakfast & Lunch
Shimla was the summer capital of the British in India. It is a picturesque hill station surrounded by snow capped mountains located in the North Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. On this half-day tour discover the spiritual side of Shimla. Visit three of Shimla's most well-known temples - Jakhoo, Sankat Mochan and Kalibari temples.
• Ancient Jakhoo Temple
• 20th century Sankat Mochan temple
• 19th century Kali Bari temple
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Breakfast & lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jakhoo Hill, 2 Km From the Ridge, Shimla India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and start your tour with a visit to the ancient Jakhoo Temple. The temple stands at the top of a hill, 8000 feet above sea level and offers a panoramic view of Shimla. The temple is dedicated to the Monkey God, Hanuman. According to the Hindu epic, Ramayana, Hanuman stopped here for rest when he went in search of the magical Sanjivini herb to revive Laxman (brother of God Rama). Take part in the morning prayers here.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sankat Mochan Temple, Shimla 171010 India
Stop for breakfast (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant. Next visit the 20th century Sankat Mochan Temple, which is also dedicated to Hanuman.The temple is set in the midst of trees where you can spend some quiet moments in silent meditation.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kali Bari Temple, The Mall Road, Shimla 171003 India
The last stop for the day is the Kali Bari temple. The temple was built in 1845 and is dedicated to Goddess Shyamala, from where Shimla gets its name. The Goddess Shyamala is also worshipped in the forms of Durga and Kali.
At the end of the tour take lunch (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant. After lunch you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Shimla Airport, Jubbarhatti, Himachal Pradesh 173207, India
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.