Explore The Rustic Life Of Thekkady With Lunch
The very sound of the word Thekkady conjures up images of elephants, unending chains of hills and spice-scented plantations. In the Periyar forest of Thekkady is one of the finest wildlife reserves in India and spread across the entire district are picturesque plantations and hill towns. On this day tour of Thekkady visit a coffee and spice plantation, learn about beekeeping, chocolate and poppadom making. Also visit a South Indian ashram (monastery).
• Visit to a coffee & spice plantation
• Views from Valiyapara & Ottakathalamedu
• Santhigiri ashram
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Spice Walk
What's excluded :
- Food or drink, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Periyar, Kerala, India
You will be picked up from your hotel in Periyar and driven to a coffee plantation in nearby Thekkady. After the tour of the plantation you will also get to see how your daily dose of coffee is produced before it ends up in your cup.
Drive next to the vantage point of Valiyapara, which literally means ‘giant rock’. From here you can get a full view of Thekkady, its paddy fields and plantations.
Also visit a farm and learn about beekeeping and honey collection. See how your crunchy poppadoms are made.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Santhigiri, 01 Munnar - Kumily Hwy, Kumily, Thekkady 685509 India
The next stop is Santhigiri Ashram. Spend some time watching the residents as they make coir products and weave fabrics at their handlooms. You will also get a chance to interact with the Swamiji (head monk) and seek his spiritual guidance.
Take a break for lunch (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Spice Walk, Spring Valley Murikkady, Thekkady 685536 India
After lunch, visit a spice plantation and see how spices like nutmeg, cardamom and pepper are grown.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ottakathalamedu View Point Road, Ottakathalamedu View Point Rd, Thekkady, Kumily, Kerala 685509, India
Your next stop is Ottakathalamedu, a viewpoint on the top of a mountain that offers a spectacular view of the Thekkady Dam and surrounding hills.
End your visit of Thekkady with a performance of some folk dances of Kerala.
At the end of the tour, you will be taken back to your hotel in Periyar.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Periyar, Kerala, India
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with heart problems.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.