Explore The Wooden Palace In Padmanabhapuram With Lunch
On this half-day trip from Thiruvananthapuram visit Padmanabhapuram Palace, the largest wooden palace of Asia. The palace dates back to the 16th century and was the seat of the Hindu rulers of Travancore. The beautiful interiors made of rosewood and teak and the furniture and other relics on display are one of a kind. The palace is situated in the foothills of Veli Hills with the River Valli flowing nearby.
• King’s Council Chamber
• Queen Mother’s Palace
• Polished black granite floors
• Intricately carved rosewood ceilings
• Medicinal bed
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Padmanabhapuram Palace
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Padmanabhapuram Palace, 55km/34 miles south of Trivandrum it is in Tamilnadu And Near Kanyakumari, Thuckalay India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning for the 2-hour drive to the town of Thuckalay that is about 40 miles from Thiruvananthapuram. The Padmanabhapuram Palace is about 15 minutes drive from Thuckalay.
Visit the King’s Council Chamber and the Queen Mother’s palace with its painted ceiling, by far the two best halls of this large palace complex. The palace has a stone bed that remains cool in the summer. Another wooden bed is made of 65 different kinds of herbs and is believed to have medicinal properties.
There is also a museum on the grounds of the palace complex. The museum has pieces of furniture, wooden and stone statues, coins, weapons and utensils on display.
At the end of the tour, enjoy lunch (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant.
After lunch you will be driven back to Thiruvananthapuram and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), Thiruvananthapuram District, Kerala
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Trivandrum Intl Airport, Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) India
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Padmanabhapuram Palace is closed on Mondays.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.