Explore Upper Imereti in single day from Tbilisi
We design every trip throughout five guiding pillars - Locals, Food & Wine, Traditions, History, Friendship - to ensure that each aspect of a journey provides a singular and elevated experience.
With these pillars in mind, our expert travel designers and guides illuminate both timeless and timely experiences that are uniquely of their place.
per adult from
12 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Experienced guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jvari Church, Mtskheta Georgia
Kickoff your early morning-to-late evening day trip with hotel pickup from anywhere in Tbilisi.
Visit of Jvari monastery (VI c. UNESCO sight) and enjoy a wonderful panorama over the ancient capital Mtskheta.
Stop At: Stalin Museum, 32 Stalin Avenue Stalin Park, Gori 1400 Georgia
Moving forward, you will drive through the west highway to Gori, where you will visit famous house-museum of Joseph Stalin. After Jvari Monstatery and Joseph Stalin Museum, it is a good idea to stop at local “Smart” market for a quick break coffee.
Stop At: Chiatura, Chiatura, Imereti Region
Afterwards the short stop, you will have a non-stop ride till Mgvime Monastery, ner Chiatura. After the cave-based church, we will have a chance to experience the first cableway in former post Soviet Union called “25” and “Peace” cableways.
Stop At: Katskhi Pillar, Katskhi Georgia
After the cable ways, we will have an urban short walk in the city, before visiting the most unique site in Georgia, natural limestone monolith - Katskhi Pillar.
The ending of the full day trip will be fabulous Imeretian suprá - where you will be able to enjoy local and organic and traditional dishes, which are related to that region.
After all that unforgettable experience and overloaded positive memories you will be heading back to Tbilisi.
Departure Point :1: ო. ჩეჩელაშვილის ქუჩა, T'bilisi, Georgia
2: ო. ჩეჩელაშვილის ქუჩა, T'bilisi, Georgia
Traveler pickup is offered
We can organize any pick up and drop off in Tbilisi.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.