Explore Urban Quito on a Bike - Group Tour
Explore Urban Quito on a Bike (Small Group)
This is the city’s ‘True North’. Let us show you a blend of Modern Quito, Parks, a Botanical Garden, Local Food, Markets and Culture.
• 3.5 – 4-hour tour through La Floresta, Carolina, Mariscal, Iñaquito
• Ideal for people who love parks and flora and who want to experience a mix of modern and old • Cycle through one of the biggest parks in Quito and South America
• Feel, see and eat the culture that makes Quito special
• Small groups, limited to 10 people
Skill Level: Easy
Distance: 17kms/ 10.5 miles
Altitude: 2862 metres above sea level
Maximum climb: One easy hill (elevation 100 metres)
90% Bike Paths
per adult from
What's included :
- Quito Bike Tours urban bicycle (Fulgur ‘Cotinga’, 24-speed)
- Safety-certified helmet
- Bicycle chain, lock, and key
- Reflective safety vest
- Some food and drink tasting
- Licensed, local, professional bilingual guide (English/ Spanish)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Ochoymedio Ecuador
- Entry/Admission - Avenida Amazonas
- Entry/Admission - Parque La Carolina
- Entry/Admission - Mercado Inaquito
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Snacks and drinks
- Water. Say what? Water! No, we aren’t being tight. As a company who values sustainability and not plastic, we ask that each participant bring their own bottle (hopefully reusable). We promise that we will make it up to you in other ways!
- Tips (optional and with absolutely no pressure). We are not a free tour and you can be sure that we pay our guides properly. However, if you wish to tip your guide you can absolutely do so. You can also be assured that not one cent (and that’s the way we want it!) will go to the company. Whatever you wish to give to your guide goes 100% to him or her.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ochoymedio Ecuador, Valladolid, Quito 170143, Ecuador
We start from the iconic Ochoymedio Arthouse Cinema. We take a look at the amazing street art around La Floresta as well as tell you about some of the artists who painted them. We also visit a funky cafe and get to try something yummy.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Avenida Amazonas, Quito 170150 Ecuador
Amazonas Street and the Botanic Garden
We make our way to Carolina Park and visit the Botanic Garden, riding along Amazonas Avenue, one of the main arteries of the modern city. We get to stop for a pretty cool photo shoot too!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Parque La Carolina, Av. de los Shyris, Quito 170135 Ecuador
Carolina Park and Modern Quito
We cycle through Carolina Park and see a mysterious energetic point. We make our way to an iconic fruit and vegetable market, and along the way get to see and stop in Quito’s modern area.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mercado Inaquito, Inaquito Bajo, Quito 170150 Ecuador
Experiencing a local market is a must in any city. This iconic and colorful market dates back to the 70s! We make our way back, via Carolina Park once again; there’s always so much going on giving you a real insight as to how the locals live.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Ochoymedio Ecuador, Valladolid, Quito 170143, Ecuador
Return Detail :La Cleta, Lugo N24-250, Quito 170143, Ecuador
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour so that we can leave on time.
- ID (original or copy)
- Rain jacket
- Money, including small change
- A backpack … if you want to buy or store stuff
- A great altitude! Oops sorry, attitude!
- WATER! In our quest to help save our planet, we advise you to bring your own water or water bottle.
- The standard Cancellation and Refund policy for suppliers is:
- A 100% refund for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. A refund processing fee of 6% applies. The value of the transaction may be subject to taxes, duties, foreign transaction, currency exchange or other fees. Your bank or credit or debit card company may convert the payment into the local currency and charge fees, resulting in differences between the amount displayed on Viator.com and Viator-affiliated websites, and the final amount charged to your bank account or credit or debit card statement.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of the start date of the experience will receive no refund.
- Keep in mind that Quito is 2867 metres above sea level. We recommend that you give yourself at least one day to acclimatise. Have a good night's sleep and eat lightly on the day of your tour. These all help combat altitude sickness.
- It is imperative that you have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. If you do not, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES will Quito Bike Tours be held responsible for any injuries incurred.
- Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Quito Bike Tours reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notifications due to unforeseen circumstances or weather. A refund or reschedule will be organised. An administrative fee will be applied to all refunds.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.