Explore Xunantunich Maya Ruin & Take a Dip at St Herman Blue Hole National Park
Xunantunich is a spectacular ruin perched atop a hill overlooking the Mopan River and the Cayo District, near the border with Guatemala. Cross the Mopan River west of San Ignacio on a ferry to reach Xunantunich or Maiden of the Rock. The main pyramid known as El Castillo is one of the tallest buildings in Belize rising 130' above the jungle canopy. The reward for climbing to the top with your licensed guide is a spectacular view of the Cayo District and Petén Guatemala.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick Up and Drop Off in Placencia Village.
- Park Fees.
- Tour Guide.
- Entry/Admission - Xunantunich
- Entry/Admission - Blue Hole National Park
What's excluded :
- Pick Up and Drop Off Outside of Placencia Village (can arrange)
- Alcoholic drinks.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Xunantunich, Belize
Xunantunich has six major plazas with more than twenty-five temples and palaces. "El Castillo" (the Castle), the largest rises 130 feet above the plaza. El Castillo has carved friezes on the east and west sides. The frieze on the east has been preserved and covered with a fiber glass replica of the central mask representing the sun god.
Depart Placencia at for the drive talongthe majestic Hummingbird Highway with karst limestone topography intermixed with orange groves. Turn west at Belmopan toward Guatemala and Xunantunich. Cross the Mopan River on a ferry to reach the temple. On the way home, stop to enjoy a refreshing swim in Blue Hole National Park. Wear a long sleeved shirt, long pants and a hat and bring a swim suit. Bring a camera, binoculars, insect repellent, and sunscreen.
Fitness level required: low to moderate
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Blue Hole National Park, Hummingbird Highway St.Margaret, Belmopan Belize
Take a short hike to see the cenote known as the Blue Hole. Taking a quick dip will refresh you one your way back to Placencia after spending the day at Xunantunich
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Splash Dive Centre, 2287 Placencia Peninsula Road, Placencia 00000, Placencia, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
We text guests to arrange time and place for pickup. We provide complimentary pickup and drop off along the main road in Placencia Village but charge US$ 10.00 per person for pickup/drop off north of Placencia Village.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Belize protocol requires guests to arrive at pickup points or at our dive center wearing masks, apply hand sanitizer and be subject to temperature measurement. You must wear your mask except when eating or drinking.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.