Extended Golden Circle Tour from Reykjavik
Explore Iceland’s Golden Circle on this extended 12-hour tour from Reykjavik in a 4x4. Visit Thingvellir National Park, the Geysir geothermal field, the colorful Kerið lake, Hvalfjörður and the Secret Lagoon. This tour is limited to six people for a small-group experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop-off
- Round trip transportation
- Professional guidance
- WiFi connection
- Hot drinks on board
- Entry/Admission - Thingvellir National Park
- Entry/Admission - Strokkur
- Entry/Admission - Gullfoss
- Entry/Admission - Kerid Crater
- Entry/Admission - Secret Lagoon - Gamla Laugin
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- The adventure begins at 8:30am when you guide picks you up in a rugged 4x4 at your Reykjavik hotel. Journey to the Golden Circle and your first stop, Thingvellir National Park.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2004, see the world’s oldest existing parliament established in 930 AD. Thingvellir is also home to lake Thingvallvatan, the largest natural lake in Iceland.
Continue on to Geysir, a geothermal field of hot springs and the remains of an old volcano. Explore the pools of boiling mud and watch the Strokkur geyser erupt. This extremely active geyser shoots hot water up into the air as high as 30 meters every five to ten minutes.
Next on the agenda is the waterfall of Gulfoss. Watch water from the Langjökull glacier rush through the large canyon. If weather allows, venture down next to the falls and feel the mist as you approach the gorges.
Take a drive to Kerið, a colorful lake on top of a crater. Walk around and see the rich hues of the crater clash with the milky turquoise waters of the lake.
Travel on to Hvalfjörður fjord (the Fjord of Whales), named after the great number of whales that can be seen here. These long fjords are bordered with many waterfalls, making for a picture-perfect view.
After a day of exploring, head to the Secret Lagoon to relax in the warm water of this natural thermal pool.
Your tour concludes with drop-off back at your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.