Falmouth Shore Excursion: Doctor's Cave Beach & Montego Bay City Highlights
Great value for money! This is a hassle free tour that skip the lines. The tour is not rushed. You are picked up and dropped off in the comfort of the cruise ship port in Falmouth. A fully air-conditioned minivan/bus will be waiting to take you on tour. You will be taken on an historic tour and then to one of the top 10 beaches in the world. The tour is design with the sole intention of ensuring that our guests, after spending a day in Jamaica, will depart satisfied that it was a day well spent and a pleasant experience of a lifetime. You will be accompanied by a professional guide who is trained, certified, patient and capable of answering all the questions and concerns about Jamaica's history.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance fee to Doctor's Cave Beach
- Professional Guide
- Entrance Fee To Richmond Hill Great House
- Pickup & Drop Off At The Port
- Air-conditioned bus
- Entry/Admission - Richmond Hill Inn
- Entry/Admission - Doctor's Cave Beach
What's excluded :
- Food & Drinks
- Beach Chairs & Umbrellas
- Souvenir Photos
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Greenwood Great House, 435 Belgrade Ave, Montego Bay Jamaica
The Greenwood Great House (Plantation home) was constructed in the early 18th Century. Like most, if not all the other Great Houses in Jamaica, the Greenwood Great House was built at high elevation. One could say that this was a strategy used back in the plantation era as a means of overlooking the plantation and also for security purposes. This house, unlike the Rose Hall Great House, is not haunted but of a more peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. The history and the architecture of the house is what will blow you away. As you pass by, feel free to take photos when your tour guide slows down.
Pass By: Rose Hall Great House, Rose Hall, Montego Bay Jamaica
This Rose Hall Great House is an early 18th century plantation home that sits on a high elevation on thousands of acres in Rose Hall, Montego Bay. The Rose Hall Great House was once owned by the famous and certainly one of the wickedest plantation owners to walk the land of Jamaica, Annie Palmer. She owned hundreds of slaves. This house became haunted after her gruesome death in 1831. The house is scary to look at even in the daytime. There is no stop at the Rose Hall Great House on your way to Negril however, your tour guide will tell you the history and slow down so that you can take photos.
Stop At: Sam Sharpe Square, Montego Bay Jamaica
We pickup from the Montego Bay Cruise Port. Customers must contact us at least 24 hours prior to the day of the tour to re-confirm your booking. If for any reason there is a cancelation right before pickup time, the customer is required to contact us at the email or the number provided so that we can make the necessary adjustment.
SAM SHARP SQUARE
This tour takes you to downtown Montego Bay. Your first 10 minutes stop will be at Sam Sharp Square. This area got its name from a freed slave who carried the same name and who led one of the bloodiest uprising in Jamaica on Christmas day in the year 1831. In this area, there is a statue of Sam Sharp and other slaves who were severely punished in the year 1832 for the Christmas day uprising that took place. Feel free to exit the vehicle and browse around. There is also the "Cage" which was originally constructed from wood in the year 1806. However, it was later reconstructed from bricks. The cage was used as a holding area for runaway Slaves who were held there until they were sent back to their plantations. It was also used as a holding area for vagrants and rowdy seamen who would get drunk and was behaving disorderly.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: St James Parish Church, Payne Street, Montego Bay Jamaica
The tour will continue to the St., James Parish Church for a 30 minutes visit. This Anglican Church, built in 1775 is one of the oldest churches in the Montego Bay area. It boasts an amazing architecture and some of the contents ranging back from as far as over 200 years ago. Built to last for centuries, this church is still fully functional as back in the days when it was first constructed. Be sure to read the marble plaques and headstones that displays an array of exquisite poems well wishes written in old English. Feel free to browse around and read the headstones. The church will always accept a contribution at your pleasure.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Richmond Hill Inn, Union Street, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Our next stop will be at Richmond Hill where the elegant Richmond Hill Great House once stood. This colonial style Great House which was destroyed by fire on December 30, 2019 was located 500 feet above the hustle and bustle of Montego Bay City. Built in 1804 by members of the Dewar family, original owners of the Dewars Whisky. This Great House sits strategically on top of a hill in the center of town and is home to several movie scenes including James Bond Movies. Entertainers LL Cool J, Alicia Keys, Eddie Murphy all visited this house. From the Richmond hill you get a panoramic view of the entire city of Montego Bay. The view stretches over 25 miles (40.23 meters) beyond. Before the fire persons could relax by the pool for a moment or just sit by the bar and have a cold red stripe (extra cost). Your tour guide will tell you all about the rich history of Richmond Hill Great House while doing your walk through. All of that is no more however, this is still the best spot to take pictures and feel the fresh mountain air. .
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Doctor's Cave Beach, Gloucester Ave, Montego Bay, Jamaica, Montego Bay Jamaica
This drive to the beach will take you through the narrow downtown streets and out to the popular Montego Bay Hip Strip where the Doctor's Cave Beach is located. Doctor's Cave has been one of the world famous beaches for nearly a century. It is noted for its crystal-clear turquoise waters and near-white sand. Its sheltered location provides calm waters. Your tour guide will take you to the check-in area. While at the check-in area, it will be the best time for you to rent chairs and umbrellas (optional). Beautiful palm, coconut and sea grape trees provides nice shaded areas where you can lay out on your towels. Several water sporting activities that are available at a fee. After 2 hours on the beach it will be time to lunch, shopping.
Lunch and shopping will be 1hr. 45mins. You will then be taken back to your ship.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
DIRECTIONS TO FINDING US AT THE CRUISE SHIP PORTSWhen you arrive at the port in Falmouth and disembark the ship, please proceed to the information desk and ask them to direct you to the "Independent Taxi Pickup Area" on the port. When you get there, just ask for "SNL JAMAICAN TOURS". We will be waiting there so, if you are having a problem finding us, you can call us at 1-876-788-2904 or 1-876-412-4298. Ports
- Falmouth Cruise Port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Limited amount of infant seats available so customers are allowed to take their own infant seats
- Limited amount of child seats available
- Limited number of wheelchair vehicles are available
- You MUST contact your local supplier by email, phone, text or whatsApp to reconfirm your tour at least 24 hours before the scheduled tour
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Minimum numbers apply (minimum 8 persons). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there’s not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination. Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly.
- If you have not already specified, you MUST advise supplier as soon as possible your Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and departure time so that appropriate arrangements can be made
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.