Falmouth Shore Excursion: Dunns River Falls Express plus Souvenir Shopping
Enjoy this Ocho Rios day-trip that includes pick up at your cruise port, a brief stop at Coconut Tree Rest Stop. The world famous Dunn's River Falls, Ocho Rios shopping and lunch at Scotchies Outdoor Garden Restaurant.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pickup & drop off at the cruise port
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Admission fee
- Professional tour guide
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Dunn's River Falls and Park
What's excluded :
- Lunch & drinks
- Souvenir photos (Available to purchase)
- DVDs (Available to purchase)
- Gratuities (Left up to the customer's discretion)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Discovery Bay, Discovery Bay, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
The town of Discovery Bay is where you will find Columbus Park. It was originally named Puerto Seco “Dry Harbour” by Christopher Columbus in 1494 when he and his men landed on the Island. It is said that could not find fresh water to drink. They later found fresh water in another area about 5 miles west of the town. The water was so good that they named the location where it was found Rio Bueno (“Good River”). However, the town of Puerto Seco was later renamed in 1947 to Discovery Bay because Discovery Bay is where the Spanish, lead by Christopher Columbus landed when they invaded the Island on May 4, 1494. There is a park with several old relics and artifacts on display (Park is temporarily closed for renovations). There will be a brief stop to take photos and capture the rich history of this historic town.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Runaway Bay, Runaway Bay, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
This tour takes you through one of the most popular towns on the Island. Runaway Bay is naturally beautiful and is certainly one of the most scenic areas in Jamaica. It sits between the beautiful, crisp coastline to one side and the lush green mountains to the other. There is much debate as to how the town of Runaway Bay got its name. some people believe it got the name because that is where the last batch of Spanish soldiers ran away from when they were retreating from the attacking British Troops lead by Governor Ysassi right after the 1655 British invasion of Jamaica, while other argue that it was the point from which the Slaves from inland plantations used as an escape route to runaway to Cuba. Get your cameras ready to go as you make your way through this area.
Stop At: Dunn's River Falls and Park, Ocho Rios Jamaica
A rare experience awaits you as your tour guide take you to the world famous Dunns River Falls. By now, you should be wearing your swimsuits so all you have to do is to meet with your resident guide, go through the briefing, sign the waiver form and get on with the fun at hand. Your friendly resident guide will walk you do to the beach where the tour starts. The total climb from the beach to the top is approximately 600ft (183 meters). There are pools along the way where you will stop for photo shoots. If you are unable to complete the climb it's no problem - there are exit points along the way. Described as a living and growing phenomenon, it continuously regenerates itself from deposits of travertine rock, the result of precipitation of calcium carbonate from the river, as it flows over the falls. The small dome-shaped cataracts are usually associated with thermal spring activity found in limestone caves. This, combined with its location near to the sea, gives Dunn's River the distinction of being the only one of its kind in the Caribbean, if not the world. Your total time at Dunns River Falls will be approx. 1 hour 45 minutes. Feel free to ask your tour guide just to point out the areas of the falls that featured in the James Bond movie (Doctor No).
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Ocho Rios, Ocho Rios, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
The heartbeat of the garden parish of St. Ann, the resort area of Ocho Rios is the nature lover’s paradise. As previously thought to be watered by eight rivers (as its name suggests) Ocho Rios provides a lush landscape of caves, gardens, rivers and white sand beaches. The name Ocho Rios actually derives from “Las Choreras” meaning “waterfalls” and may be a reflection of the many waterfalls in the area. From the Fern Gully located in the remains of an old river bed to the tiered waterfalls of Dunn’s River, Blue Hole and the Secret Falls, arguably, Jamaica’s most popular attractions, Ocho Rios draws thousands of visitors back to arguably the island’s most romantic, picturesque resort area.
Ocho Rios is a small “Colonial Styled Town” with a population of approximately 25 thousand. “The Centerpiece of Jamaica”, Ocho Rios provides a range of activities from golf to watersports to equestrian and soft adventure activities. The area is approximately equidistant between the island’s two cities – Kingston and Montego Bay, providing excellent access from both international airports. The birthplace of Bob Marley and Marcus Garvey, Ocho Rios offers a variety of cultural experiences – Marley’s mausoleum at Nine Miles, Reggae Xplosion and Seville Heritage Park all help to chronicle Jamaica’s experience in story and song.
There will be a short stop in the town center (Approx. 1 hour) for shopping.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ocho Rios Craft Market, Main St, Middlesex, Jamaica
Shopping in Ocho Rios on this day trip will be at the Ocho Rios Craft Market or Similar. A wide variety of items are available in this one area. Items includes rums, coffee, T-shirts, hats, jewelry, wood carving products, arts, etc. Try to take small bills with you when you go on tours because not every place will accept credit cards plus the vendors might not have change in USD and you will end up having to accept a lot of Jamaican dollars as change.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Scotchies Drax Hall, St Ann's Bay, Jamaica
Scotchies Outdoor Garden Restaurant is undoubtedly the best jerk chicken and pork spots you can find anywhere. We recommend that you cap off your day’s activities with a stop for the ultimate jerk experience at Scotchies. The food is prepared with the whole family in mind so even the children can take advantage of this amazing experience of tender juicy pork and succulent chicken with festival. Steamed vegetable is also available for non-meat eaters. Don’t forget to challenge the homemade Scotchies specialty hot sauce made from local sun ripened Scotch Bonnet Pepper.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travelers are required to disembark the ship as soon as it docks (Within the first 20 to 30 minutes).When you arrive at the port in Falmouth and disembark the ship, please proceed to the information desk and ask them to direct you to the "Independent Tour Pickup Area" on the port. When you get there, just ask for "SNL JAMAICAN TOURS". We will be waiting there so, if you are having a problem finding us, you can contact us at the information provided.Ports
- Cruise Shore Excursion Jamaica, Falmouth, Jamaica
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum amount of infant seats available
- Minimum amount of wheelchair vehicles available
- Children under 18 years must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Customers must be 18 or older to drinks alcoholic beverages
- If you have not already specified, you MUST advise supplier as soon as possible your Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and departure time so that appropriate arrangements can be made
- Things to take: Cash, Camera, Towels, Water Shoes
- Minimum numbers apply: A minimum of 4 persons are required for this tour to take place. Tour may be rescheduled or canceled if we do not meet the minimum number of persons required
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the customer can be prevented from participating in the activities if they are found to be intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund
- If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination
- If you wish to participate in this activity please use your good judgement if you are affected by any of the mentioned conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.