Family Oyster Farm - Behind the Scenes
We will hop on a small fisherman's boat and cruise around an oyster farm. Accompanied by our oyster farmer, you will get to learn how life of an oyster looks like and what it takes to get it to your favorite restaurant.
The oysters of Mali Ston are world famous, protected species of Ostrea Edulis. Located in the bay of Mali Ston, we will explore the protected waters.
During our day, you will also have a chance to walk on the city walls of Mali Ston, also known as the second longest walled fortifications in the world.
Last but not least, in a small family owned restaurant, you can taste the black risotto. A gastronomy trademark of Ston, this delicacy will definitely be a highlight for your taste buds.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Food tasting (one drink included)
- Entry/Admission - Lighthouse Adventure Travel
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (Ston city walls/salt fields)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lighthouse Adventure Travel, Dubrovnik Croatia
9:00 transfer from Dubrovnik
10:00 arrival to Mali Ston (oyster farm)
12:00 Ston (leisure time)
14:00 transfer back
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Mali Ston, Mali Ston, Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Dalmatia
During our day, we will be visiting one of the last remaining oyster farms in Mali Ston, where a protected species of oysters grow, only here in the entire world. Join us on our boat ride and learn everything about the life of an oyster. How are they grown, farmed and brought to your table in a restaurant. Welcome behind the scenes.
During the hot summer days, we can spend some time swimming in the Adriatic sea, to refresh your day a bit. Every now and then, I dive in for the oysters and you are more than welcome to join me. I believe that "swimming among oysters in the Adriatic sea" sounds like a good photo caption for your holiday album.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ston, Ston, Peljesac Peninsula, Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Dalmatia
Afterwards, spending some time in the city of Ston will be at your leisure - salt fields and second longest walls/fortifications in the world, after the Great Wall of China are here for you to explore. Small family restaurant in the middle of the town makes it a perfect stop for us to enjoy some local food, taste wines and see how ice cream made of wine tastes like.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- Minimum numbers apply (2pax/tour). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.