Family Treasure Hunt in Montmartre
Montmartre is one of the most well-known districts of Paris. It’s so pleasant to wander along its winding streets and to find intact the spots where great painters created works of art (Renoir, Picasso, Toulouse-Lautrec, just to name a few). But if this argument sounds weak to your children, why not offer them a kid tailor-made tour in Montmartre's village-like atmosphere.
Equipped with a personal activity booklet, which will keep them engaged during this 2-hour treasure hunt, your children will be guided by an art historian and experience a funny and historical adventure in Paris.
• Offer your kids a 2-hour thrilling treasure hunt in Montmartre
• Learn about famous international artists such as Picasso, Dali, and more!
• Get the best view above the city, at the Sacré-Coeur hill
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- An activity booklet for each child
What's excluded :
- Food, snacks and alcoholic beverages
- Entrance fees (no inside visit scheduled in the tour)
- Transportation to/from attractions (except bus tickets during the tour)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Montmartre, 75018 Paris France
Meet your guide at the closest metro to Montmartre. From there, you’ll already be able to spot the Sacré-Coeur basilica, which towers above Paris. To climb up there, we offer your family a much funnier – and much less tiring – means than walking. Which one? To be discovered once at the location!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Basilique du Sacre-Coeur de Montmartre, 35 Rue du Chevalier-De-La-Barre, 75018 Paris France
From the church esplanade, you’ll enjoy the most wonderful of view of Paris. But no time to mess around- your kids’ treasure hunt is now on! They’ll have to keep their eyes wide open to solve the funny riddles we've concocted for them. Their task? Spotting animal sculptures hidden throughout the neighborhood and finding out clues about Montmartre artistic life during the 19th century.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Place du Tertre Place du Tertre, 75018 Paris France
Next to Place du Tertre, they’ll need to explore less-frequented side streets to discover which artists of the past are featured in current museums. Wandering along cobblestoned lanes, they’ll hear about Van Gogh or Cézanne's favorite cabaret. On Place Marcel Aymé, a strange local character has, for sure, some clues to unveil.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Place des Abbesses, Paris France
Your family will pass by locations that inspired some of the most famous modern painting canvasses. At Le Moulin de la Galette restaurant or on the Bateau-Lavoir Square, they’ll understand the kind of aesthetic revolution that occurred here, while having a blast. After a last enigma solved on Place des Abbesses, the whole family will deserve a break in a typical café. Savoring a drink, your kids will assess their treasure hunt, relate their discoveries, and uncover the final mystery.
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Meet The Locals for Families, 7 rue d Argenteuil, 75001 Paris France
Let our team know if you have any questions or concerns!
Departure Point :Anvers, 75018 Paris, France
Return Detail :Place des Abbesses, 75018 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Price applies for a family of 2 adults and 2 children.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (2km of walking on hilly and uneven grounds, few stairs)
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.