Farming around Inle Lake (Half day Guided private tour)
The Floating Gardens on Inle Lake were made by native people, In-Thars. They grow vegetables on floating islands which are collection of floating weed and water hyacinth. These floating islands can be cut, dragged by boats and ever be sold like a piece of land. Floating gardens can be found mostly in Kaylar, Inchan and Zayatgyi villages.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Inle Lake, Nyaungshwe Myanmar
Every aspect of life is lived on Inle Lake and you will be most impressed by the floating gardens. There are huge expanses of tomato, cucumber, vegetables of all kinds and flower fields growing on mounds of soil floating on the lake. Farmers canoe between the rows to water the crops and add seaweed fertilizer straight from the lake. A trip to one of Floating Gardens on Inle Lake definitely a good education to your children to see what is sustainable farming. You will see the farmers use their fertile soil and water from the lake and make floating farm land in the middle of the lake.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel in Inle Lake
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.