Fascist Architecture Private Tour
Take a bus from the centre of Rome first to the Foro Italico and then EUR, and see iconic examples of Mussolini’s fascist neo-classical architecture.
The Foro Italico was once known as the Foro Mussolini and was built to host the 1940 Olympic Games. The Stadio dei Marmi displays clear traces of classical influence and is a unique sports ground.
EUR, Esposizione Universale Roma, was constructed for the World’s Fair in 1942 which was disrupted by the War. Here, in this neighborhood frozen in time, your guide will tell you all about Mussolini’s reign, his architectural style, and his sources of inspiration.
Back in the heart of Rome, you can compare the fascist-style to that of classical Rome.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Professional Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Obelisco del Foro Italico, Piazza Lauro de Bosis Viale del Foro Italico, 00135 Rome Italy
See two of Rome’s modern obelisks and the Foro Italico, and then
reflect on the similarities between Mussolini’s design and the better-
known city centre.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Direzionale Eur, Via del Poggio Laurentino 118, 00144 Rome Italy
EUR, or Esposizione Universale Roma,
which Mussolini hoped to make the centre of his new
rejuvenated Rome. Here you will find the perfectly intact
buildings which ‘Il Duce’ had planned to use during the 1942
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ancient Rome, Italy
Returning to the heart of Rome you will be able to compare the
imposing Fascist architecture to the remains of Ancient Rome
with a walk down Via dei Fori Imperiali.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Via Cavour, 224, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.