Fast-Track Tour to Boboli Garden in Florence
• Join a guided tour of the royal Boboli Gardens in Florence
• Stroll through acres of gardens, trees, fountains and terraces with a knowledgeable guide
• Learn the history of the 16th-century Italianate gardens behind the Pitti Palace
Boboli is one of the most elegant and ancient Italian-style gardens. It has a breath-taking, landscaped garden, which is an open-air museum, filled with ancient statues, fountains, and an incredible artificial grotto designed by Niccolò Tribolo and after his death, the works were completed by his collaborators: Giorgio Vasari, Bartolomeo Ammannati, Bernardo Buontalenti, and others.
per adult from
What's included :
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Ticket with reservation
- Entry/Admission - Giardino di Boboli
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Giardino di Boboli, Piazza Dei Pitti 1, 50125, Florence Italy
At the start of your tour, after crossing the Pitti Palace's courtyard your guide will lead you up to the “artichoke” fountain, the large octagonal basin decorated with numerous statues and crowned by a bronze lily. and in front of you is the sight of the "Amphitheatre" adjoined to the hill behind the palace, the first phase of creating this beautiful garden as the guide will explain how it was designed.
As you climb up the hill, you will find "Neptune’s fountain", and at the very top of the hill, the large statue of "Abundance", by Giambologna. The guide will later lead you through a steep sloping avenue to head back down the hill and to a large avenue known as the "Viottolone”, with cypresses and statuettes that then lead all the way down to the "Isolotto" a large pond, with an admirable fountain known as "The Ocean", created by Giambologna.
After the guide spend time explaining these fountains and sculptures, the final stops will be at the "Giardino del Cavaliere", built by Michelangelo, "Kaffeehaus" and the "Buontalenti Grotto" created by Buontalenti from limestone concrete stalactites, shells and terracotta reliefs, with water running down the walls providing vivacity and color as guide will reveal all the secrets behind these designs.
The tour takes about an hour, the perfect amount to see the highlights inside the garden. You can also return to anything you might want to see again after the tour ends.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazza de' Pitti, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :10:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- The Gardens does not operate on days with heavy rain
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Bring your own headphones
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.