Faster Than Skip-the-Line: Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica Tour
Spend more time inside with no-wait access to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel through an official, Vatican partner entrance. On this comprehensive guided tour, you'll experience the best of the Vatican in just three hours, including the Raphael Rooms, St. Peter's, and more. Navigate the vast complex of artwork and history with an expert, who will bring this ancient collection to life. Choose from several departure times, or upgrade to an evening experience or small-group tour with 10 people.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly (when group size is 20 people)
- Priority Access to the Vatican
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Stanze di Raffaello
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- St. Peter's Basilica is not included until further notice
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Vatican tours with skip-the-line access are sought-after, so even the fast-track lines are long. This experience includes admission through a special entrance, so there are no lines whatsoever. Follow your guide directly inside the vast collection of private artwork that is the Vatican Museums.
Walkthrough the Gallery of the Maps and Gallery of Tapestries as you listen to tales of Vatican intrigue. Gaze at artifacts such as timeworn yet fascinating Italian maps, and admire the sculptures and candelabras of the Gallery of Candelabras. Stop for photos in front of the Pigna statue in the Pinecone Courtyard, designed by Dontao Bramante.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stanze di Raffaello, Viale Vaticano, Vatican City Italy
Raphael’s Rooms are a series of galleries that highlight the talent of the lauded Renaissance artist himself.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Pass through the rooms, and then step inside the Sistine Chapel — the pope’s personal place of worship and a highlight of any Vatican trip. Stand beneath Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam, which cloaks the ceiling, and admire The Last Judgement, his colorful mural that adorns a wall.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After your Sistine Chapel visit, continue to St Peter’s Basilica, the symbolic heart of the Catholic church. Learn about its history and see more Vatican art including Michelangelo’s La Pietà, which was sculpted when the maestro was only 24 years old. Gaze at the baldachino by Bernini, and then say goodbye to your guide in St Peter’s Square.
Keep in mind that St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's Square might be unavailable on Wednesdays due to the weekly Papal Audience. As an alternative, you'll be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms.
If you want to make sure that St Peter's Basilica and Square are included in your tour, don't select Wednesday as your travel date. If you want to enhance your Vatican experience, select one of the following experiences: Small-Group Tour at 8:10am:
Enter the Vatican Museums as soon as it opens, before the other lines enter.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Stop At: Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
In just three hours, we’ll introduce you to the artistic treasures of the Vatican City and its main attraction Vatican Museums in an enjoyable and hassle-free manner. From the enormous basilica built over the tomb of St. Peter to Michelangelo's ground-breaking frescoes in the Sistine Chapel, you will see how the Popes used art and culture to spread their message. You’ll leave not just appreciating the Vatican but having understood it too.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Sistine Chapel, 00120, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring your own mask on the tour. The wearing of mask is compulsory in order to comply with health & Safety regulations. Our guide will be wearing mask during the tour as well.
- At the meeting point there will be social distancing taking place. Our guide will organize the group upon your arrival, but we kindly ask yourself to be conscience in taking social distance at all the time from others.
- Following the new regulations regarding Coronavirus, at the entrance your body temperature will be checked. If a body temperature above 37.5 ° C is registered, you will not be able to enter the site.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Guided visits are not allowed inside St. Peter's on afternoon tours due to religious functions. In this case guides provide full commentary from the Basilica's porch, and guests can visit the interior at their own pace without the guide
- Tours departing Wednesday: There is a possibility that St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's Square will be unavailable due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St Peter's Basilica is closed.
- Avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Our group size is 10 people or less complying with the venue regulations during this post-Covid-19.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.