Fat Bike Tour at Lake Mývatn from Reykjahlíð
Fat bikes are the perfect way to enjoy the rougher trails in summer, and the snowy hills, mountains and the frozen lake in winter. They have fat tires which make it easier to ride over rough and snowy terrain. You can enjoy lake Mývatn by fat bike all year round! This 2-hour fat bike tour is fully guided and starts from Reykjahlíð village at Lake Mývatn. The tour takes you to the hills and mountains by the lake and if conditions allow in winter...even out on the frozen lake Mývatn. Where we go on the day depends on weather and snow conditions. We will make a few stops on our tour to enjoy the beautiful nature, take pictures and learn about the basic geology and local history.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Use of fat bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Entry/Admission - Lake Myvatn
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The tour starts by Reykjahlíð village at Lake Mývatn in North Iceland. In winter we will take the fat bikes to the hills and mountains in the lake area and if the lake is frozen we will bike on the lake and visit some of the Islands in the lake.
The area we will be fat biking in is very scenic so we will will stop a few times during the ride to enjoy the views and take pictures. The landscape is volcanic and has very active geothermal areas.
We will take our time on the tour to enjoy all the things that the Mývatn Lake area has to offer.
Departure Point :Near Reykjahlid Village
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- Operates in cold weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.