Fener - Balat- Piere Lotti and Golden Horn Experience
This tour is to the neighborhoods far away from main touristy parts of the city and it is about experiencing the real Istanbul. In this afternoon walking tour, we take you away for an introduction to the local life style of Istanbul. We will start with experiencing of using all sort of public transport as tram, bus and cable car. Visiting the residential neighborhoods which will give you the chance to see how locals live in this cosmopolitan city. We will sit at the local cafes to sip cay tea and see how local get social. We will pass through the local markets, bakeries, tea houses. We will learn how the Constantinople was concurred by Ottoman in 1453. And finally we will be on top of the Piere lotti hill to watch the view which inspired the French poet to write the book titled Aziyade. We will have a coffee break here on top of the hill to watch Istanbul over the Golden Horn ( natural harbor ) and we can count Istanbul’s seven hills together.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Snacks - We will stop in Balat at a local cafe for a snack. Tea or coffee will also be offered.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
Leave the main tourist precincts behind for an afternoon and explore the outer historic western area of Istanbul with the Istanbul. This tour will take you off the normal tourist trail and show you the Golden Horn and the rich Byzantine and Ottoman history that exists near the old city walls of Istanbul.
Visit colorful Ottoman houses which located by the Golden Horn and visit the neighborhood where Jews, Christians and Muslims lived together for centuries. Discover the residential neighborhoods of Istanbul and feel the culture on the streets.
Cruise down the Golden Horn; see the colourful Ottoman houses near the UNESCO World Heritage precinct; walk the old Byzantine city walls; visit the sacred Eyüp Mosque complex; take a cable car to the picturesque Pierre Loti Café and see the spectacular 180 degree views of Istanbul that inspired the 19th century author of the same name.
• Fener Rum Patrikhanesi, Dr. SadIk Ahmet Cd. No:44 Yavuz Sultan Selim Mahallesi, Istanbul 34083 Turkey
• Balat, Istanbul Turkey
• Eyup Sultan Mosque, Cami Kebir Sk. No:1 Merkez Mh, Istanbul 34050 Turkey
• Halic, Istanbul Turkey
Departure Point :Alemdar, İncili Çavuş Sk. No:8, 34110 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.